01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

CCTV camera that's easy to set up?

Cheltman

My elderly brother wants surveillance down the side of his house. He has looked at one camera (an Sv3C) but it was so complicated to install - he sent it back!
Can anyone recommend a camera that is easy to set up and which he can monitor on his PC? - he does not like smartphones!
It needs to be motion activated and have IR capability. The camera site has WiFi coverage.
He already has a trail camera in his garden for wildlife but wants this camera not to be reliant on an SD card.
All help appreciated!

Hi @Cheltman

This situation is basically the reverse of most consumer users, usually, consumer users want the easy plug & play, app-based set-up of cheap consumer brands like Sv3C.

If you are more comfortable with PC-based, browser configuration then we would probably recommend something from Hikvision like the DS-2CD2346G2-IU 4MP AcuSense Turret Camera with a MicroSD card installed for recording.

Thank you for your response - I will look at your suggestion.

The basic requirements are:-
- Night vision facility
- Hardwired (no batteries)
- No SD card.
- No ethernet link - WiFi is good in that area.
- Cloud storage facility.

The Ring Elite looked good but it seems does not use WiFi - it would need an ethernet link.. (Curiously, the ring doorbell would work fine - but I don't need the doorbell bit!).

Back