01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No-Name Camera Always on a Different Subnet

ModifyInc

I have inherited a no-name NVR system. It looks very similar to the Dahua NVR-E16L2P8. The only difference I can see is on my NVR the first 8 ports on the back have a shaded green background which I think has to do with the different power/watts allowed for the separated sections of PoE ports. There is a QR code that takes me to a webpage that has a manual. The manual lists about 40 different NVR models/series to select from. Fortunately, I think I have identified it as a Advanced 1.5U 16PoE AI NVR/General 1.5U 16PoE AI NVR/General 1.5U AI NVR Series. Seriously! What's up with these ridiculously long and similar names for these NVRs!

I had to reset the NVR by opening it and pressing a reset button while plugging it back in. This worked and allowed me to create a new password. Me being new to all this, I'm sure you can probably guess what happened next. When I tried to view the cameras, which were previously working just fine under the old NVR password, they now all said "Invalid u/n and p/w". Doing some quick research, I realized this is to be expected, since the cameras are set and authorized by the NVR.

7 of the cameras are TechVision PBE4L3WZ-S/VA, which I was able to reset by selecting Forgot Password. This sent an email to a partially masked email recipient that had enough letters visible that I recognized who it was, and had him forward me the reset codes. This worked great for these 7 cameras. But there is a camera in the foyer that is a different type than these TechVision cameras. It has no name or model to identify it, though it does have a serial number and PoE power requirements. It looks very similar to a HikVision DS-2CD2343G2-I(U), though it also looks like a NC324-XD which I believe is made by Winic Technologies USA, Inc. I contacted HiKVision support with the serial number, and they stated it was one of theirs but that it was a knockoff, and so couldn't help me. I'm confused by that statement because if they recognize the serial number, then shouldn't that mean it was made by them? How would they know if it was or wasn't a knockoff just by a serial number over the phone?

This camera always shows up on the NVR as 10.1.1.128 which is a different subnet than our LAN, 192.168.1.xxx. Also, there is another device that is always listed below it with the same subnet, 10.1.1.129. The interesting thing about this 2nd device (10.1.1.129) is the MAC is blank, MANUFACTURER is Onvif, all other cameras are Private, PORT is 80, all the other cameras are 37777, DEVICE NAME is NC324-XD, all the other names are listed as IP CAMERA. Searching the internet for NC324-XD, it looks like it also could be this no-name camera.

So, once again I'm confused. Is this no-name camera a knockoff HikVision or a NC324-XD by Winic Technologies USA, Inc.?
And which of the two 10.1.1.128 & 10.1.1.129 IPs is this camera actually connected to?
The 10.1.1.129 is using port 80, so wouldn't that mean it's likely a server or host like device, though the Device Name says NC324-XD, which the internet shows is a camera.
The 10.1.1.128 is using port 37777 and it's Device Name is IP CAMERA, so this also could be this camera.
We haven't found any other cameras, so I can't understand what this other device is exactly.
I thought it could be the NVR itself, but then why would its Device Name be NC324-XD?

I hope someone more knowledgeable in this area can help me. I provided pictures and will be happy to provide more if needed.

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• Cam D1 D2 - 2 stars, listed on bottom table.jpg
    Cam D1 D2 - 2 stars, listed on bottom table.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Cam D1 D2 - No Stars, not listed on bottom table.jpg
    Cam D1 D2 - No Stars, not listed on bottom table.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 96
  • No-Name Camera - Foyer 2.jpg
    No-Name Camera - Foyer 2.jpg
    732.2 KB · Views: 83
  • No-Name Camera - Foyer.jpg
    No-Name Camera - Foyer.jpg
    910.1 KB · Views: 75
I just contacted Winic Technologies, and they confirmed the serial number from this no-name camera is a camera sold by them. So, I'm not sure why HikVision told me it was a knockoff version of theirs earlier.

So, does this mean it must be the device linked to 10.1.1.129? If so, I still don't understand why it has no MAC address, is using port 80, and the manufacturer is Onvif. And why does all the other Device Names list as IP CAMERA while this device list as NC324-XD?

Hi @ModifyInc

In regards to the below question:

Is this no-name camera a knockoff HikVision or a NC324-XD by Winic Technologies USA, Inc.?

The answer is both, the camera is manufactured by Hikvision but then sold as a rebadged/OEM product by Winic Technologies USA. This is why Hikvision would not offer support because once they've manufactured a product for a 3rd-party OEM brand it is then up to them to handle support for those products.

As this is structurally a Hikvision camera you should be able to be able to do the Hikvision physical hard reset and that should default the camera to inactive so it can be activated by the NVRs password and be assigned a correct IP address.

Is this no-name camera a knockoff HikVision or a NC324-XD by Winic Technologies USA, Inc.?

The answer is both, the camera is manufactured by Hikvision but then sold as a rebadged/OEM product by Winic Technologies USA. This is why Hikvision would not offer support because once they've manufactured a product for a 3rd-party OEM brand it is then up to them to handle support for those products.

As this is structurally a Hikvision camera you should be able to be able to do the Hikvision physical hard reset and that should default the camera to inactive so it can be activated by the NVRs password and be assigned a correct IP address.
That is good to know, thank you! Getting closer to resolving these last two cameras or camera and unknown device.

Do you have any idea which of the two 10.1.1.128 or 10.1.1.129 IPs this "HikVision/Winic Camera" is likely assigned to?
I'm thinking the .129 since the Device Name is NC324-XD, which is the same as this camera type, but I do not understand why it has no MAC address and is using port 80. Is this something unique to ONVIF cameras?

I won't be able to test it independently until I go back to the office Monday. Just trying to gather as much info to assist me when I start troubleshooting it again come Monday.

So, if I successfully manually hard reset this camera Monday, I would just need to plug it into one of the PoE ports on the back of the NVR, and the NVR should automatically set it up using the credentials from the NVR. Is this correct?

Back