01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

CCTV connector query

Tegslloyd

Hi, new to the forum.

I've recently moved into a house and there are cameras fitted, unfortunately the old owners didn't leave a DVR. The cables come into the attic but I don't recognise the connectors. I expected a BNC type connector, not this. Picture attached.

Anyone any idea what the connector is called and can recommend a suitable DVR?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8077.JPG
    IMG_8077.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 311
Hi, It looks like an RJ45 network connector.
Which would suggest network/IP cameras.
Best to check what cameras you have though, to be sure of recommending a compatible Network Video Recorder (NVR).

Hi, to me it looks like an old Philips System. If it's this, the best would be to throw it away... ;)

Can you make a photo of the Cameras?

Morning. Thanks for the replies, explains why I couldn't find a DVR with the correct input.

I've attached a picture of the camera, I've got 3 fitted around the place. Tbh, throwing it in the bin is where I'm expecting to end up, either that or leaving them in place to at least give the impression they're hooked up.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8080.JPG
    IMG_8080.JPG
    884.8 KB · Views: 333
Hi, I never saw such a model before, but it doesn't look like an actual model. So I wouldn't invest any money in this system anymore, to leave them in place is a good idea.

@Phil : I think the plug has only 4pins, at us they are called RJ-11/12 and are used for telephony and such stuff...

Back