01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Colour coding of cat6 of nvr ds-7608ni-i2/8p?

rajiv.dey.se

Hi,

Is there any colour code I should follow to use my hikvision nvr poe

ds-7608ni-i2/8p​

My camera is
Hikvision DS-2CD3356G2-ISU/SL

I created a cat 6 cable with crimping tool just did paralel connection maintaining same colour sequence at both end of connector tested with lan connector and it works fine all lights glow in sequence.

I am using nvr inbuilt poe capability.

When I use a small branded cable the camera works but with my cat 6 cable which is 70 feet long does not work.

The lan port glows but live view is black.

Can anyone help me please I am very new to ipcamera.

Setting this camera for my mother who lives alone and is very old.

Thanks

Hi @rajiv.dey.se

I would check the RJ45 wiring against the below forum post because the Hikvision colour coding is not always standard:

For high bandwidth data applications you should always wire both ends of cables to the ANSI standard TIA-568B so just do a search engine image search for "TIA-568B" and you will see the required pin/colour order.

For technical reasons (I admit I don't fully understand) it is important to keep to that standard otherwise on long lengths or high bandwidth applications you can get errors which may be what is causing your problem.

I believe that what @Dan is referring to is if you are cutting off old terminals from HikVision cameras and putting a new RJ45 on - in that case the colours are non-standard but I don't think that is what you are referring to.

Reactions: Dan
For high bandwidth data applications you should always wire both ends of cables to the ANSI standard TIA-568B so just do a search engine image search for "TIA-568B" and you will see the required pin/colour order.

For technical reasons (I admit I don't fully understand) it is important to keep to that standard otherwise on long lengths or high bandwidth applications you can get errors which may be what is causing your problem.

I believe that what @Dan is referring to is if you are cutting off old terminals from HikVision cameras and putting a new RJ45 on - in that case the colours are non-standard but I don't think that is what you are referring to.
Correct I am not replacing any connector rather creating a cable with 25 meter length power over ethernet from nvr mentioned above I have just done parallel connection didn't follow any coding standard. I did continuity check all 8 wires are connected sequentially. Same connection in 1 feet cable works but not in 25 meter. Do you think it can be nvr power issue over long length?

No, it won't be a length issue. PoE/Data can travel a maximum of 100m over a single length of cable.

I would follow @codlord advice and double check your terminations are TIA-568B standard like the below example diagram:
T568A_vs_T568B.jpg

If you still have issues you may have to try terminating a new length of cable or using a pre-terminated branded cable instead.

As above, it's important to follow the correct standards because the pins used for transmitting and receiving data MUST use the correct pairs within the Cat 6 cable, which are each twisted together in such a way so that the transmit and receive signals reject any interference and this is what makes transmission over such a long distance possible and is fundamental to the way Ethernet cabling works.

If you re-terminate both ends according to the TIA-568B standard then your cable will work just fine.

Reactions: Dan
Thank you all. Use color code TIA-568B worked fine. So my understanding is length is short colour code may not matter but if length is more colour code matters.Thanks

Back