01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DarkFighter or Colourvue - which is best when an area has multiple light sources?

BerkoJas

Hi,

I'm after some advice I want to setup a camera covering the paths between my house and the next door neighbour.

I'm installing CCTV primarily to use the acusense line-cross technology to pickup people walking up path / drives. We have had a break-in in the past via this path.

The area is covered by a neighbours security light ( PIR triggered ) and on the road there is a street light that is on until about 1am.

Do you know which camera would be best to use seeing that it will have to cope with background light sources from security light and street lamp. I'm worried the colorvue will have issues with flare out stopping line cross from working.

Would it be best to stick with the DarkFighter alternative.

Below shows the area to monitor and lights that will be over looked.

Many Thanks for any advice.

Choices
DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL 8MP DarkFighter
DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL 8MP ColorVu

PXL_20220720_121502548.jpg

Hi @BerkoJas

I think the street light and PIR light will give you enough ambient light to use the ColorVu camera.

I don't think there should be an issue with the camera whiting out when the PIR light comes on, if anything the IR 2386G2 will suffer from this more because if the light is bright enough it might force the camera to switch back to colour.

Also, it is quite a narrow space with white walls that might reflect the IR light of the 2386G2, this can make the rest of the scene much darker.

I think the street light and PIR light will give you enough ambient light to use the ColorVu camera.
Agreed. The light walls will assist reflecting the street light so the ColorVu would be my choice. There's going to be a fair amount of the wall in view with a 4mm lens and on the 2386 you'll get a well exposed wall and the rest will be dark. That can be mitigated to some extent with Back Light Compensation or Wide Dynamic range adjustments, but those adjustments made for nighttime image will adversely affect daylight images. Stick with the ColorVu.

Back