01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Colorvu g2 light on smart or motion event?

yahoo

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of cctv. My first attempt was with Reolink and I must they worst decision but likely I managed to return it and got my refund and since then I have hikvision system.

I am very impressed with g2 4mp darkfighter when I put it in color mode for night and now I'm convinced colorvu will do the job.

I know there is a hikvision firmware on hikvision portal which enables flash light on event.

I have following questions and I'm hoping someone with colorvu g2 or g1 can help me make the right decision.

1. any side effects ie missing features or performance issue with that special firmware?

2. Can I downgrade firmware if my camera comes with latest firmware version.

3. Does the light turn on during the day on line crossing or motion events?

4. Does the light turn off completely after event or it reduces its brightness to 20%?

5. If I was to buy lsu/SL model I know that has feature to turn on strobber light on event but is that a seperate light from the main light?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me make correct decision.

Also hikvision website says 8mp cameras support 25fps for full 4k resolution however almost all suppliers datasheet states 20 fps?

Many thanks in advance.

1. any side effects ie missing features or performance issue with that special firmware?
No but you would be unable to update the firmware again to a newer version without losing the function as it is a customised firmware (at least unless Hikvision decide to include the feature in the standard firmware which may never happen). Bear in mind the customised version is not available for all cameras. The G1 models do not have it as far as I'm aware unless you downgrade to the earlier firmware which included it as standard. G2 models use both G3 and G5 firmware depending on age. The "special" firmware is for G5 only.
2. Can I downgrade firmware if my camera comes with latest firmware version
Yes you should be able to downgrade
3. Does the light turn on during the day on line crossing or motion events?
When I tried out the function it did come on during the day as well, but I forget which specific model and firmware that was (I think it was a G3 with 5.5.131)
4. Does the light turn off completely after event or it reduces its brightness to 20%?
Hmm - not sure. Someone with the firmware will advise.
5. If I was to buy lsu/SL model I know that has feature to turn on strobber light on event but is that a seperate light from the main light?
That would be my recommendation - buy the ISU/SL or LSU/SL model. The strobe light is separate and so you can have the illumination on at night as will probably be needed and the strobe function is independent. If you can, buy one of those models and then you can forget about having to load a specific firmware.

Also hikvision website says 8mp cameras support 25fps for full 4k resolution however almost all suppliers datasheet states 20 fps?
This will be model dependant. Older G1 models are 20FPS maximum. Older G2 models with G3 firmware are also 20FPS max from memory whereas new G2 models with G5 firmware are 25FPS unless ran at NTSC 60Hz when they reduce to 22FPS.

@JB1970

Thank you for helping out.

That would be my recommendation - buy the ISU/SL or LSU/SL model. The strobe light is separate and so you can have the illumination on at night as will probably be needed and the strobe function is independent. If you can, buy one of those models and then you can forget about having to load a specific firmware.

Can I have the camera light off and have strobe light on event will that be sufficient?

@JB1970

Thank you for helping out.

Can I have the camera light off and have strobe light on event will that be sufficient?
The camera LED light is used for illumination to aid the exposure. On the ISU/SL and LSU/SL models, the strobe light is used purely as a visual deterrent. So if the LED light is needed for illumination during darkness, it'll be on and the strobe light will fire on event as well if you set that up. If you've some ambient light, external lights that are on overnight and the LED light is not needed, it can be disabled while still using the strobe to trigger on event. As they are separate, you can set them up independently.

Back