01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Does a hikvision fingerprint access control require internet to function and is a hikvision license essential for 150 users?

Ryan

I like to install a hikvision fingerprint access control in my complex's pedestrian gate,either a DS-K1T804 or DS-K1T804 MX.

1. There are about 150 tenants fingerprint to load but can this be loaded directly onto the terminal or is a server required?

2. Would I have to purchase a hikvision Vms access control license or can it be achieved without a fee on the iVMS App/software?

3. Will it be able to function with a internet connection once its been set up?

Solution
Hi @Ryan

Our knowledge of fingerprint scanners is limited but according to this user manual (see p24-26 and p65-69) it is possible to add all the users/fingerprints directly via the devices, but if you want to add 150 users it might be easier to manage all those users/fingerprints using the free Hikvision iVMS-4200 desktop software.
Hi @Ryan

Our knowledge of fingerprint scanners is limited but according to this user manual (see p24-26 and p65-69) it is possible to add all the users/fingerprints directly via the devices, but if you want to add 150 users it might be easier to manage all those users/fingerprints using the free Hikvision iVMS-4200 desktop software.

Upvote 1
Solution
Hi guys, feel free to use IVMS 4200 (free software). Internet connection is not required. Point is to locally connect the whole system.
Just take care of one thing. If you are planning to use controller DS-KT2601T (or any other) and finger readers you need finger enrolement (or IP finger controller).

They can't transfer fingers from reader through RS-485 communication to controller and then to IVMS.

As for GDPR and biometric data privacy, every user should give their permission to collect it. It depends on users.

Upvote 0
Back