01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2146G2-ISU - no audio on downloaded video files?

George-H

Hi,

I've a number of these cameras on two sites.

Most are the G3 platform, some are the newer G5.

They are recording audio fine to their SD cards - video is also recorded via a seperate NVR on one site with no audio, but with audio on a second site using a Hikvision NVR.

I can happily playback recordings on the cameras via the web interface WITH sound, but whenever I try to download the footage, the resultant video file has no audio.

Has anyone managed to download recordings with the audio?

The main cameras I'm interested in doing this with are on the site with a 3rd party NVR which doesn't record audio, so I need to find a way to download it from the cameras' SD recordings.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I've a number of these cameras on two sites.

Most are the G3 platform, some are the newer G5.

They are recording audio fine to their SD cards - video is also recorded via a seperate NVR on one site with no audio, but with audio on a second site using a Hikvision NVR.

I can happily playback recordings on the cameras via the web interface WITH sound, but whenever I try to download the footage, the resultant video file has no audio.

Has anyone managed to download recordings with the audio?

The main cameras I'm interested in doing this with are on the site with a 3rd party NVR which doesn't record audio, so I need to find a way to download it from the cameras' SD recordings.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
This came up a few times. You never seem to get the audio if you use VLC or other players but with the latest Hikvision VS Player it works. From there you can convert the file so that it can be played in another application with the audio.

Hi JB1970,
That is a great suggestion - I can now download and play video files WITH sound.

You mentioned that VS Player can be used to convert files to other formats. Have you ever got that to work?

Every time I try it and try adding a "task" all I get is this:

VS Player Convert.JPG

The buttons don't work to set the saving path and if I try changing the default saving path it doesn't remember it and bombs with the same error.

I've found it.

For some reason I have to use "Run as Administrator" when launching VS Player otherwise the converter bombs with that error.

I've found it.

For some reason I have to use "Run as Administrator" when launching VS Player otherwise the converter bombs with that error.
I think I only used it once to convert a file. The Mac version is buggy as hell. The Windows version I did have originally was missing the convert option and I seem to remember that Kyle linked a slightly newer version with the convert option. Glad you're sorted

The newest Windows version with the convert option should be downloadable here:

(I'm currently WFH on my MacBook so can't test it, sorry, but it is the same link @JB1970 mentions.)

Back