01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2387G2P - Rotate Image?

Rebo00

Hi,
I've had to mount two of these cameras against a wall instead of the roof soffits.
For the camera to be the "correct" way around the base plate has to be position so the cables comes out below or to the left of the camera.
I'm still sending the cables up through the soffit so I put the base plate on upside down so the cable comes straight out of the top and into the soffit.
I've setup the cameras today but can't find a way of rotating the image anywhere in the NVR or on the Camera itself. The option just doesn't seem to exist where people have said it should be for other cameras.
Anyone know if it can be rotated?

Setup:
Camera: DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL-4MM x 2
NVR: DS-7608NI-M2/8P

Camera Firmware: V5.7.1 build 220225 (Latest available)
NVR Firmware: V4.61.410 build 221020 (Latest available)
1686066974533.png

Thanks,

Andy

Hi @Rebo00

You will need to log into the camera directly using its IP address, you may need to use the virtual host feature for this:

Then, you should have an option to rotate, or "mirror" the picture within the image settings, as shown here:

Thanks Kyle, I read through your tutorial but the option doesn't exist. (see screenshot)
Regards,
Andy

Hi @Rebo00

I've just spotted that the model you are using is the Panoramic Turret, as far as we are aware these models do not support the rotate mode.

The 2 sensor design of these cameras means there are lots of limitations to how they can be used, see the below list of information from our product page:

Important Notes:​

- Currently does not support the use of privacy masks​
- Currently you can only mount this camera on the ceiling​
- 2 x 4mm lenses are stitched together for the 180° FoV​
- Not compatible with the DS-7604NI-K1 NVRs​
- It is recommended to use the Hikvision I series NVRs
- The camera cannot be rotated left/right but ONLY up/down​

Even if the rotate mode was available we would not recommend using it on a 180° panoramic camera because once you rotate the image on its side the majority of the camera's FoV is going to be the sky directly above the camera and the ground directly below it, that will be a lot of wasted FoV.

Thanks Dan,
I'll go and remount them now so they're not upside down.
Regards,
Andy

Reactions: Dan
Pain in the A
Removed camera, mounting plate, turned it around 180 and it's now "upside down" but the camera is now mounted the correct way around with the cable coming out of the left.
Doesn't look as nice but at least it's not upside down anymore.

Baseplate correct way up and camera upside down, cable coming out of the top
IMG-20230606-WA0006.jpeg

Screenshot_20230606-175708.png

Baseplate on upside down and camera the correct way around, cable coming out of the side
PXL_20230607_120915229.jpg

Screenshot_20230607-125923.png

Back