01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Update options from DS-7208HQHI-F1 2mp to latest cameras?

kevin_405

Hi,

My current setup has DS-7208HQHI with 6 turret 2 mp cameras, the cameras only supports 8 frame per sec so choppy video and don't support audio or night color video.

Also, only 1 camera can be configured for motion notification on the mobile app.

The install is running on cat 5e cable With 1 twisted pair providing power to camera

I am looking to update my current setup to a something higher resolution, supporting audio and color night video without running new cables. Also looking for motion notification to app on all cameras.

What are my options in hikvision please?

Hi,
My current setup has DS-7208HQHI with 6 turret 2 mp cameras, the cameras only supports 8 frame per sec so choppy video and don't support audio or night color video.
Also only 1 camera can be configured for motion notification on mobile app.

The install is running on car 5e cable With 1 twisted pair providing power to camera

I am looking to update my current setup to a something higher resolution , supporting audio and color night video without running new cables. Also looking motion notification to app on all cameras.

What are my options in hikvision.
It depends what you want to upgrade - the cameras, the recorder or the full system. That's an old DVR so has little in the way of features.

If there's a separate CAT5E to each of the cameras I'd just replace the system with an NVR and IP cameras. A DS-7608NXI-K2/8P recorder and for cameras the DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU (they can be operated in full colour 24/7, standard, or smart mode as they have both infra red and white LED light). They're 4 megapixel AcuSense turrets and have a built in microphone. If you wanted 2 way audio, speaker and strobe you'd get the DS-2CD2347G2H-LISU/SL.

Unlike your current DVR and analogue cameras, the IP system will allow you to have multiple detection types on all cameras (motion and line crossing) while the AcuSense helps filter out nuisance non human alerts. The IP recorder can record from the cameras at 25FPS if wanted so long as the total bit rate from the cameras doesn't exceed 80Mbps.

Back