01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2720F-IS camera unreachable after several hours or days?

zwazo

Hi,
My camera still works fine on my synology but if I try to reach it via the web, I get a blank page with the path address written in small at the top of the page. So I can't log in. I have to go to power OFF/ON to get access again. Worse, this camera slows down my network (sometimes web pages take much longer to display or don't display at all) and even blocks pre-recorded programs or replays on the TV!
But on the synology it still works!
note, there are no IP address or ports conflicts in my network.
Camera connected in POE.
I have 7 cameras IP but only one Hikvision.
Any ideas how to solve this?
Thank you.
Image of this camera's features attached.

Attachments

• camera_cabane.png
    camera_cabane.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hi @zwazo

This is quite an old camera model that I believe still relies on the old browser plug-in that is no longer supported by modern browsers like Chrome/Firefox.

Hikvision did introduce "plug-in free" updates for some newer models when the old browser plug-in was discontinued several years ago, but this did cover the oldest models like yours.

There does appear to be a newer firmware version for your camera - V5.4.800 build210813 - but this probably is just a security fix to protect against potential security vulnerabilities.

If the firmware update doesn't fix the browser access then the only other way to reliably access an older camera like this is to access it with Hikvision desktop VMS - iVMS-4200(V3.10.1.5_E)

Thanks Dan,

I will try to load the software tomorrow.
It's been a long time since the fault and it took me a month to find the culprit of the slowdowns on my network.
If it doesn't work, I'll buy another camera...

Hi Dan,
I was able to install the latest version of the IVMS and load the latest software correctly. It seems to be much better and not unstable, but I'll have to a week to be sure that the fault has disappeared ...
I can now also see the image of my camera by IVMS but for some reason it's not via the http port but via the server port (for the synology it's the http port, the server port doesn't work).
Thanks you.

Reactions: Dan
Back