01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 - Scheduled Preset

cymruchris

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I fitted the above PTZ into a local church a few months ago to give them a combined security camera and a livestream camera for funerals/weddings etc. And all-in-all it's doing a decent job. The local vicar is able to use presets to change the view depending on what he's doing, and although it's not the fastest zoom in the world, he's quite patient.

What I was trying to achieve was that after he'd been doing a service - that at night at a preset time, the camera would revert to a certain position.

The camera is connected via POE switch so is available on the network.

When I log in directly to the camera, and then progress to scheduled tasks - tell it to choose preset 8 every evening at a certain time - it doesn't do it. I have scheduled tasks enabled.

Am I missing something obvious?

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

Firmware version: V5.6.18 build 210428
Encoding version: V7.3 build 210407
Web version: V4.0.1 build 191111
Plugin version: 3.0.7.25

I think i had somthing similar when setting up a DS-2DE4A225IW-DE. I gave preset 2 all the hours i wanted it there, because after tracking at night it would revert to preset 1. Then gave preset 1 a larger amount of time because sometimes it would not go to preset 1 position.
Capture.PNG

I think i had somthing similar when setting up a DS-2DE4A225IW-DE. I gave preset 2 all the hours i wanted it there, because after tracking at night it would revert to preset 1. Then gave preset 1 a larger amount of time because sometimes it would not go to preset 1 position.
View attachment 8065
That's an interesting approach - I'll give it a go and see if that makes a difference. Wouldn't have thought about setting it for a range of time like that - I was thinking more of it sending the instruction to move to the preset. Thanks for the idea.

Screenshot 2022-08-29 150327.jpg

That worked :) I tested it for the current time - and when set for a 'period' it moved positions. That's a learning for me thinking it was just sending a command to change preset. Thanks for your reply :)

Back