01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7204HGHI-SH latest firmware version?

James kelly

Good afternoon, seeking please to know the latest version of firmware available my dvr DS-7204HGHI-SH. It currently has V3.3.1 build 151106. If a newer version where may it be downloaded from and is this by USB? Many thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply Dan, recently I've noticed the dvr seems to disconnect from being 'online' (connected via hdmi into WiFi extender). By rebooting dvr it re-connects 'online' until the next time it disconnects (maybe once a fortnight). Will a firmware upgrade resolve this?

The firmware might resolve the issue, we only work with Network IP products so have no experience of the issue you describe on any analog DVR.

You are currently running a 2015 firmware and there were a few versions between that and the latest version that I've linked you to above, so I would expect there to be quite a few patches/fixes within that firmware (although I should point out that that latest firmware is from 2018 & this DVR appears to have been end of life for many years so it could just be a hardware failure after many years of use).

The firmware might resolve the issue, we only work with Network IP products so have no experience of the issue you describe on any analog DVR.

You are currently running a 2015 firmware and there were a few versions between that and the latest version that I've linked you to above, so I would expect there to be quite a few patches/fixes within that firmware (although I should point out that that latest firmware is from 2018 & this DVR appears to have been end of life for many years so it could just be a hardware failure after many years of use).
OK cheers Dan I shall give it a try. The firmware suggested isn't likely to cause any new problems or damage machine etc?

It shouldn't do,

If you are upgrading from one v3.3.xxx firmware to another v3.3.xxx firmware that should be fine. We only recommend doing upgrades in steps if you are upgrading through sub-versions (e.g. if you were on a v3.1.xxx firmware we would recommend upgrading to the first v3.3.xxx firmware before upgrading to the v3.3.5 firmware).

Thanks, is the 2015 version I currently have still available if I wanted to go back to it? I.e. the latest firmware version doesn't work. Many thanks for your help

Hi @James kelly

Your current version is not available but you can see a list of all the firmware versions HERE

The firmware might not fix your current issue but it also shouldn't cause any new issues, so there will be nothing beneficial reason to downgrade the firmware and you might as well stay on the latest.

Back