01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ds-7204hqhi-k1 DVR - Cameras settings?

Amir_init

Hi All

A few things I am trying to sort out with the cameras that are connected to this DVR (its a close family, cctv setup done a long time ago)

Firstly there are no camera showing under the below, would this be a simple case of upgrading the firmware on the DVR (its currently on V 3.5.22) and the cameras would appear, the cameras are connected via BNC to recorder not cat 5/6 so are not IP cameras.

cameras.png

2nd issue is how do I get rid of this writing on the camera (level, return , 7)

writing.png

Thanks Dan, I will update the firmware on DVR soon, no idea of camera models as they are mounted out of range to check and I cannot see anywhere in the DVR of the models for these. I am hoping DVR firmware update will shed some light on camera models

Firstly there are no camera showing under the below, would this be a simple case of upgrading the firmware on the DVR (its currently on V 3.5.22) and the cameras would appear, the cameras are connected via BNC to recorder not cat 5/6 so are not IP cameras.
That's correct. That screen will never show cameras that are connected on coax via BNC. That screen is purely for IP cameras that are added from the network, so ignore it.

2nd issue is how do I get rid of this writing on the camera (level, return , 7)
You've entered the camera menu from the DVR. To get out of it:

• Click the icon that brings up the pan tilt zoom menu (usually a joystick)
  • Click the tilt down arrow once to highlight 'return'
  • Click the iris open icon (which acts as enter)
Continue using the down key to highlight the option you want to 'return' to the higher level menu, or 'exit'. DO NOT 'save and exit' otherwise anything you've entered incorrectly while in the menu will be stored.

Thanks All, firmware updated only to V4.21.000, tried the 4.25.001 kept failing so could not apply this.

I will try the camera menu fix as suggested to remove the text from one the camera, thanks JB1970

Thanks All, firmware updated only to V4.21.000, tried the 4.25.001 kept failing so could not apply this.

I will try the camera menu fix as suggested to remove the text from one the camera, thanks JB1970
Worst case - just power down the camera PSU momentarily and it'll boot back up without the menu displayed.

Hi JB1970, when you say camera PSU you mean unplug the power cable from the camera ? If so I have removed the BNC connection for that camera from the DVR side (camera is mounted high up and would be a struggle to get up there) and it clears the text but after a short while it re-appears

Hi JB1970, when you say camera PSU you mean unplug the power cable from the camera ? If so I have removed the BNC connection for that camera from the DVR side (camera is mounted high up and would be a struggle to get up there) and it clears the text but after a short while it re-appears
It depends whether your DVR is just a K1 or a K1/P. If it's a K1/P, it's PoC (power over coax) and unplugging the BNC at the recorder would drop the power to the camera. However if it's the standard K1 (which I think it possibly is) the camera(s) has/have a separate 12V DC power supply. It's that power supply that would need down powering to reboot the camera.

Back