01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

[DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P] Cameras OFFLINE (SOLVED)

kenzo33

Hi guys,

Sorry to be a bother, but I am stuck trying to set up my NVR with 5 cameras.
A little back story: I paid a security guy to set up cameras and a HikVision NVR, which he did and everything was working fine. He then attempted to update the firmware remotely and the box basically reset to default. He is now asking for an extortionate call out fee which I don't think I should have to pay and decided to take matters into my own hands, hopefully with your guidance I can get it up and running again.

Here is where I am at

FW: V3.4.109 build 200320
SADP Tool - recognises the NVR - I have entered a new password and security questions and enabled HikConnect

• I have accessed the web portal via IP address 192.168.1.254. Username and password gives me access.
  • I have restored all parameters to default settings [system>maintenance>default]
  • I have set the time using NTP (pool.ntp.org) & DST
  • I have assigned the IPv4 Default Gateway to the router's IP address
  • I have enabled UPnP - Server port (8000) is "valid", the other 3 (HTTP/HTTPS/RTSP) show the following status "The ports conflict."
My problem is getting cameras back online. [System>Camera management] - all cameras are "offline (user password error). The camera IPs are defaulted to 192.168.254.x (see photo)

Clicking [Modify] and selecting Plug and Play doesn't work
Clicking [Modify] and changing to manual and adding the NVR user name / password for each camera doesn't seem to help.
Clicking [Activate] and entering NVR password doesn't help

Any advice on how to get these cameras up and running again?

I have done a search on the forum, and the issue seems to be similar to this

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Hi @kenzo33

This quite a common issue, I assume based on your camera IP addresses that all your cameras are directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR.

If this is the case then what has happened is that when your installer first plugged the cameras into the NVR they will have been automatically activated with the NVRs original password and even though you have hard reset the NVR and set a new password for that, the cameras will still be using the old NVR password.

To get them reconnected you can either use the manual settings you have already tried but enter the old NVR password, if you don't know that old password then you will have to hard reset each camera and then reconnect/reactivate the cameras automatically with the new NVR password.

To hard reset the cameras you need to take the cover off the MicroSD slot on each camera and then follow the below steps:

1) Disconnect power to the camera
2) Hold the reset button down
3) Whilst still holding the reset button, reconnect power to the device
4) Continue to hold the button down for 30 seconds.

The camera will then reboot and power up as inactive and if it is still plugged directly into the NVR ports it will automatically reactivate the cameras and your cameras should be back online.

Hi @kenzo33

This quite a common issue, I assume based on your camera IP addresses that all your cameras are directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR.

If this is the case then what has happened is that when your installer first plugged the cameras into the NVR they will have been automatically activated with the NVRs original password and even though you have hard reset the NVR and set a new password for that, the cameras will still be using the old NVR password.

To get them reconnected you can either use the manual settings you have already tried but enter the old NVR password, if you don't know that old password then you will have to hard reset each camera and then reconnect/reactivate the cameras automatically with the new NVR password.

To hard reset the cameras you need to take the cover off the MicroSD slot on each camera and then follow the below steps:

1) Disconnect power to the camera
2) Hold the reset button down
3) Whilst still holding the reset button, reconnect power to the device
4) Continue to hold the button down for 30 seconds.

The camera will then reboot and power up as inactive and if it is still plugged directly into the NVR ports it will automatically reactivate the cameras and your cameras should be back online.

Brilliant. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I think the issue is related to downgrading FW from 4.xx back to 3.xx - I wouldn't advise it

I did what you said and now the cameras show "online" but still no picture, just a grey screen. Anything I should be considering?

(just to add, the camera "clicks" after 30 seconds of holding the reset button)

EDIT: I needed to enter the new encryption key I created for HikConnect [Local>Live View Parameters] - thanks for all your help!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Back