01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-M - Facial Recognition and Vehicle Detection?

Corduroy

Hi All,

First post here. :)

I have just upgraded my Hikvision NVR to a DS-7608NI-M2 and in the Smart Event Settings menu I have Facial Recognition and Vehicle Detection but the screen is blank, no settings or features to change or turn on. See attached picture. I understand the NVR doesn't have these features but my cameras do (DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL & DS-2CD2386G2-IU and I assumed these features would appear on the NVR to use, similar to acusense is on the camera and not the NVR.

Is there a setting or something else I need to do to get access to these features?

I have looked through this forum and some people advise to go to System Settings, VCA Resource and turn on F.R. However my menu system is different. I dont have this option.

I'm from Australia and have been told not to use other countries firmware, so I am worried of bricking my NVR. The firmware I use is V4.61.430

I do hope it is just a setting somewhere and not that I got the wrong NVR. :(:eek::oops::mad:

Attachments

• FACE.jpg
    FACE.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 102
I understand the NVR doesn't have these features but my cameras do (DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL & DS-2CD2386G2-IU and I assumed these features would appear on the NVR to use, similar to acusense is on the camera and not the NVR.
Vehicle Detection is not supported on your camera. It's not the same as the AcuSense feature that can filter events to Human and/or Vehicle.

Similarly with Facial Recognition - your camera has Face Detection but it's not the same.

I have looked through this forum and some people advise to go to System Settings, VCA Resource and turn on F.R. However my menu system is different. I dont have this option.

The option is in the camera menu and not the NVR menu. Log in to the NVR using a web browser and enable the Virtual Host feature:

Configuration > Network > Advanced Configuration > Others (tab). Enable Virtual Host switch.

Once you have done that you can access your cameras directly from a web browser by using the url:

http://NVR_IP_Address:6500x where x is the camera number. For example if your NVR IP is 192.168.0.100 and you want to access camera 5, you would go to http://192.168.0.100:65005 and login using the admin password.

Thank you JB1970. Exactly what I was after.

This forum has better help than my reseller (didn't know) and Hikvision (still waiting) and their manuals (useless).

Back