01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7608NXI-I2 / 8P/S firmware upgrade failed?

LiviuStrati

Hello,

I have a DS-7608NXI-I2 / 8P/S NVR running 4.40.416 firmware version and I would like to use Cloud solutions as storage. This is not possible with this version and I've tried to make firmware upgrade but without success :(. This is the list with firmware version failed on my device: 4.51.200, 4.61.0.67, 4.62.200, 4.62.205
The only message received is "upgrade failed" and no other information. Does anybody encountered this problem? Is there a solution to install a firmware version with cloud capabilities?
Thank you

Hello,

I have a DS-7608NXI-I2 / 8P/S NVR running 4.40.416 firmware version and I would like to use Cloud solutions as storage. This is not possible with this version and I've tried to make firmware upgrade but without success :(. This is the list with firmware version failed on my device: 4.51.200, 4.61.0.67, 4.62.200, 4.62.205
The only message received is "upgrade failed" and no other information. Does anybody encountered this problem? Is there a solution to install a firmware version with cloud capabilities?
Thank you
There are two hardware versions - an early version and a newer 'C' revision. The 4.40.416 version of firmware that you have currently, indicates that you have the earlier hardware and unfortunately it's the latest version available. The firmware versions you've listed are for the newer C version of hardware and not compatible with your NVR, that's why it's failing.

Last edited:
There are two hardware versions - an early version and a newer 'C' revision. The 4.40.416 version of firmware that you have currently, indicates that you have the earlier hardware and unfortunately it's the latest version available. The firmware versions you've listed are for the newer C version of hardware and not compatible with your NVR, that's why it's failing.
Thank you for your answer, but it is something very strange here :) .... I have discussed with the NVR supplier and they showed me some pictures with the new hardware model (C). It is the DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S(C), still, the cloud option on version 4.62.210 is missing on storage management. Am I missing something?

Thank you

Attachments

• Image1.jpeg
    Image1.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Image2.jpeg
    Image2.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 156
I'm not sure. Have you confirmed that Cloud Storage is an option on that model? Maybe it's just not supported.

On my M series there's nothing visible in the local menu but Cloud Storage is an option if I go to the configuration on the web browser where I have a separate tab for it:

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 15.02.04.png

I'm not sure. Have you confirmed that Cloud Storage is an option on that model? Maybe it's just not supported.

On my M series there's nothing visible in the local menu but Cloud Storage is an option if I go to the configuration on the web browser where I have a separate tab for it:

View attachment 9590
Unfortunately it is hard to confirm something :( due to support level and I couldn't find anything useful on Hikvision web site. I will open a support case and maybe I will find out what I need. Thanks for help.

Hi @LiviuStrati

Just so you are aware, we have had questions before about the Cloud Storage option shown in @JB1970 screenshot and when we've spoken to Hikvision support they've confirmed that confusingly this feature is not actually Cloud storage, they just use this term to describe recording to a secondary back-up Hikvision NVR.

Hikvision does not offer a proper built-in Cloud recording solution for any of their NVR models.

Hi @LiviuStrati

Just so you are aware, we have had questions before about the Cloud Storage option shown in @JB1970 screenshot and when we've spoken to Hikvision support they've confirmed that confusingly this feature is not actually Cloud storage, they just use this term to describe recording to a secondary back-up Hikvision NVR.

Hikvision does not offer a proper built-in Cloud recording solution for any of their NVR models.
Hi Dan,
Thank you for clarification ! At the end of the day secondary back-up might work also for me.

Back