01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7616NI-12/16P NVR "No more connections allowed on this device"?

Geordie564

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I've got 4 POE cameras connected to an iseries NVR.

I'm having issues with jumpy playback both on Hikconnect and on the monitor attached to the NVR.

When I use H264/H265 I get the message "no more connections allowed on this device" when I try to playback on Hikconnect, live view is also very slow to load.

So I switched to H265+ which is loading much quicker on Hikconnect but the playback is still jumpy and missing a few seconds.

I haven't got a clue what to try next!

Can you please list the NVR and camera model numbers, and the current firmware that you are running on each?

DS-7616NI-12/16P I had to downgrade the firmware last week because of a green screen issue which seems to have affected others on this forum.

4x DS-2CD2387-LU all running latest firmware

Sorry, but we do need you to state the actual firmware versions - one man's latest is different to another's (it depends when & where you got the firmware from).

NVR firmware - V4.51.025 build 210927

Camera firmware - V5.7.2

When you switch to H.265+, is playback jumpy on Hik-Connect only, or on the NVR directly too?

Could you post screenshots of your Main and Sub Stream video settings for all of the cameras, please?

It's worth rebooting the NVR and checking the playback after switching to H.265+ too.

Playback is jumpy both on NVR playback with a monitor and also Hikconnect, I've rebooted the NVR, it's made no difference.

Attachments

• 20220128_121313.jpg
    20220128_121313.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 219
  • 20220128_121307.jpg
    20220128_121307.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 174
  • 20220128_121301.jpg
    20220128_121301.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 140
  • 20220128_121254.jpg
    20220128_121254.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 143
  • 20220128_121247.jpg
    20220128_121247.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 170
  • 20220128_121241.jpg
    20220128_121241.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 157
  • 20220128_121234.jpg
    20220128_121234.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 173
  • 20220128_121226.jpg
    20220128_121226.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 182
It's a big strong NVR, we wouldn't expect it to have problems with just four cameras connected.

I'll disregard the possibility of any network issues, since you say you even see problems on a monitor directly connected to the NVR.

What HDD make, model and capacity have you fitted to the NVR please?

Playback is slightly smoother on the NVR compared to Hikconnect, there is still the odd shutter but no where near as bad as Hikconnect.

It has two 8TB hardrives installed, unfortunately I don't know the make/model.

Would the TP Link extender I have attached to the router cause issues like this? Or the actual cables to the cameras?

I'm upgrading my broadband to 500mb FTTP to see if that helps.

When you view with a direct-connected monitor you are effectively using THE most direct method, and can usually rule out the influence of the other network influences. You could literally disconnect the NVR from the LAN and re-test it.

I am assuming that your cameras are direct-connected to the NVR / POE powered by the NVR?

Two 8TB HDDs is a lot of capacity, we'll assume that they are new / modern HDDs and not detrimental in performance.
I don't think you can configure RAID on that model of NVR, so we'll assume no detrimental additional burden there.

Network extenders, Powerline, WiFi etc. can introduce issues, it's good to disconnect them to rule them out when testing.
Also, it's best to have a gigabit LAN router, and same for any other switches or network devices in-play.

Cables to the camera can cause all sorts of bandwidth and instability issues, generally we only see these when people use home-made cables. Again, for testing, you can eliminate any impact due to the cables by temporarily connecting the cameras with short shop-bought patch leads.

Your broadband upgrade may improve remote viewing e.g. HikConnect, but should not be a factor when viewing on the NVR's monitor.

Many thanks.

I will have a play around with the wires/extenders over the weekend.

The cables were installed by a company 3 years ago, they made the cables themselves.

When I view live substream on Hikconnect it's totally smooth, it's only on smart event playback and live view it jumps.

Many thanks.

I will have a play around with the wires/extenders over the weekend.

The cables were installed by a company 3 years ago, they made the cables themselves.

When I view live substream on Hikconnect it's totally smooth, it's only on smart event playback and live view it jumps.
Have you had this problem since the install or was all ok before this?

I think since install, but I initially thought it was the NVR firmware update which was the causing green screen but the green screen has been solved I'm left with 'no more connections allowed on this device' and slow jumpy playback (mainly on Hikconnect)

Could it be caused by permanently having a monitor turned on and connected to the NVR?

I think since install, but I initially thought it was the NVR firmware update which was the causing green screen but the green screen has been solved I'm left with 'no more connections allowed on this device' and slow jumpy playback (mainly on Hikconnect)
For now lets leave HikConnect out of this, make sure everything is working properly when viewing the monitor connected to the NVR.

At the NVR monitor...
trying each camera in turn, what is single view main stream live view like? note the video resolution and FPS for each.
What is 2 x 2 live view like? note the video resolution and FPS for each. you may actually see the sub stream view.

If all cameras are continuously recording repeat the above 2 tests for main stream playback.

For now lets leave HikConnect out of this, make sure everything is working properly when viewing the monitor connected to the NVR.

At the NVR monitor...
trying each camera in turn, what is single view main stream live view like? note the video resolution and FPS for each.
What is 2 x 2 live view like? note the video resolution and FPS for each. you may actually see the sub stream view.

If all cameras are continuously recording repeat the above 2 tests for main stream playback.
Thanks David I will try that later.

How do I find the fps and resolution on main stream?

Thanks David I will try that later.

How do I find the fps and resolution on main stream?
On my NVR monitor I move the mouse to a screen and a black bar with icons pops up. Hover over the white outlined rectangle with white lines (information).

Is that the same as on Hikconnect?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220128-154033_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-154033_Hik-Connect.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 173
Is that the same as on Hikconnect?
See attached image from my NVR monitor. Dont use HikConnect for these tests, it could give misleading information.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 15.48.35.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 15.48.35.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 117
Back