01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry ds-kis603-p ds-720hqhi add doorbell to record on dvr?

Beema_geeza

Hi new here and I wonder if anyone can help?
I’ve had the dvr a year or so and decided to get the doorbell. After having a ring doorbell for years I’m quite disappointed in the hikvision. I wanted something like ring without having to pay their subscription and get the same from my own dvr.
first off, I’ve connected it to Poe switch and the dvr was connected via the switch too. also tried connecting dvr to the router as I read somewhere they couldn’t be connected on the same switch?
On ivms 4200, I’m logged in, I can see my cameras and doorbell but I can’t add it to the dvr.
I watched a video of a guy showing the doorbell and station which is really good and followed it how to do it but I can’t get it to work. I think I’m only missing a few steps.
The other issue is the doorbell itself, after first setting it up, password etc I can press the bell and it calls the indoor station, I log into hik-connect and then I can view on my phone. Press the doorbell and it comes through to my phone but doesn’t come through to my indoor station. If I accept on my phone I get network unstable and i don’t get any connection but if I go into Hik-Connect and go to the doorbell I can see it and select 2 way audio!
One thing I haven’t done it put an sd card in, does it need one? A specific size or type?
It really has baffled me I’m considering just getting a newer ring doorbell instead
Any help would be gladly received. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi @Beema_geeza

What firmware are the DVR, intercom, and indoor station currently running?
Can you share a screenshot of the Hikvision SADP tool or the online devices section of iVMS-4200 showing all the details of these 3 devices?

Upvote 0
Hi @Beema_geeza

What firmware are the DVR, intercom, and indoor station currently running?
Can you share a screenshot of the Hikvision SADP tool or the online devices section of iVMS-4200 showing all the details of these 3 devices?

Attachments

• 88F3BEF8-24AD-49D2-9F87-B2658F00F2D3.jpeg
    88F3BEF8-24AD-49D2-9F87-B2658F00F2D3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 194
  • 5ABEF9CA-59C1-4746-A94D-5E682B5CF175.jpeg
    5ABEF9CA-59C1-4746-A94D-5E682B5CF175.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 215
Upvote 0
Back