01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ds7108 email without captured image?

supernecius

I have installed a system based on DS-7108NI-Q1/8P/M) NVR and DS-2CD1023G0-IUF cameras.
I could not see the "Smart event" in the settings menu and there is no image attached to the "motion event email message".
Firmware is the last version for the NVR but I am not sure about the cameras.

DS 7108s have Limited functionality?

Thank you.

Hi @supernecius

When you say the NVR firmware is up to date, are you using the latest version for your region at the bottom of this page?

How are you accessing the settings menu, via a directly connected monitor or in a browser using the NVR's IP address?

I've attached the datasheet which suggests that your NVR should be able to use line crossing detection and intrusion detection on the first page, but it is strange that it does not have a section on events at all on the second page with more detail, which the NVRs normally do - we don't have any experience with this model, so I'm not too sure what functionality it does have, sorry!

With regards to the email image, there will normally be a tickbox to enable the "Attached Image" in the email settings on the NVR (usually in advanced network settings).

I would connect to the NVR in a web browser (Internet Explorer is probably best), and check if you have this option - if you don't, I suspect that your NVR does not support this feature:

Hikvision email settings - Attached Image.jpg

Attachments

• Datasheet-of_DS-7100NI-Q1_P_M-NVR_V4.30.300_20220808.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
Back