01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Email notifications - different image formats?

cameraKen

I have 3 strange issues currently and not sure why.

DVR Model DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P

V4.61.025 build 220905

1) My Cameras (both DS-2CD2086G2-IU) are sending different image formats on Smart Events (intrusion detection)

1 sends an email with 3 low res images
1 sends an email with 1 high res image.

Both 'seem' to be using identical config same camera modeal etc. I configure them via IVMS-4200 can check direct via web interface or on console of DVR if needed.

2) For some reason now when i try Remote Config/Basic Settings. From IVMS4200 - IT spawns a remote window but shows the login console. When i try remote password it doesnt allow me in, with an error top left (incorrect username/password) If i go direct to the cam interface via a browser i login fine (its a cam not connected to the internal DVR network).

1678817230018.png

3) Despite some of the cameras having intrusion detection activated they are not sending notifications at all?!

Any help with above most appreciated!

I have 3 strange issues currently and not sure why.

DVR Model DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P

V4.61.025 build 220905

1) My Cameras (both DS-2CD2086G2-IU) are sending different image formats on Smart Events (intrusion detection)

1 sends an email with 3 low res images
1 sends an email with 1 high res image.

Both 'seem' to be using identical config same camera modeal etc. I configure them via IVMS-4200 can check direct via web interface or on console of DVR if needed.

2) For some reason now when i try Remote Config/Basic Settings. From IVMS4200 - IT spawns a remote window but shows the login console. When i try remote password it doesnt allow me in, with an error top left (incorrect username/password) If i go direct to the cam interface via a browser i login fine (its a cam not connected to the internal DVR network).

View attachment 9004

3) Despite some of the cameras having intrusion detection activated they are not sending notifications at all?!

Any help with above most appreciated!
The likelihood is that your two cameras of the same model may have different firmware to one another.

The pop up window for login you’re getting is the cameras webpage menu (though it looks the same as the NVR) You must have a different admin password set for the cameras themselves.

The easiest way to find the camera password (and also check the firmwares match) is to bring up the NVR menu on a monitor connected to the HDMI output. Click the camera menu on the top bar, click the icon in the top right to switch from thumbnail view to list. Scroll to the right and you’ll be able to see the full model number and firmware build of your cameras (you may need to stretch the columns as it’ll be truncated). While in that same page you can find the camera passwords. They’re hidden by default but there’s a button at the top of the page to reveal them. When you click it you’ll be prompted for your NVR admin password. Once entered the passwords will be unmasked.

Back