01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Issues using Hik-Connect & iVMS with my HiWatch IP camera?

deploy_ay_friday

Hi there. I got HiWatch DS-I450M(B)(2.8mm) IP camera. I successfully set up it in my local network via Safari browser (I use macOS). I downloaded and connected my camera in the Hik-Connect mobile App as well. But I got an issue with iVMS-4200 on macOS.

So now I have remote access from my mobile phone (iOS). When I set up the application on my phone, I registered an account from the application to my email-1. After that I downloaded iVMS-4200 on my macbook and succesfully found my camera in the local network. After that I tried to login into my Hik-Connect account (that I registered from mobile) in the iVMS-4200, but got and error: This user does not exist (or something like that). I tested my login/pwd in the https://www.hik-connect.com/ and it does not works as well. SO I registered there again using the same email-1. I was very surprised because I was able to register for the same email. After that, I tried to log in under this account in the iVMS, but I constantly received an "incorrect password". Then I decided to register directly from application iVMS, and I could not register under email-1, because it was already used. So I registered an account with a new email-2. (After that I tried to log-in with email-2 in the https://www.hik-connect.com/ and this credentials does not work there :) )

Well, after all these steps, I was hoping to add my camera to the Cloud P2P Devices, I entered the serial number and verification code. But got an error: "adding failed. error code opensdk 320018". I tried changing the verification code, but that didn't help either. At the moment I have 3 different accounts in Hik-connect services, remote access to the camera through a mobile application and NO remote access through my laptop. How can I solve the issue with accounts and iVMS-4200?

Hi @deploy_ay_friday

We don't have much experience with Hikvision's consumer HiWatch/HiLook ranges but I wonder if these models are not supported by the Hik-Connect app and you instead need to use the HiLookVision App

Back