01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Issues logging into my hik-connect account in my new cellphone?

Jcoky

I have changed my cellphone, after installing the hik-connect app I can access my account.
I put the old password in, but it said it is incorrect.
I try to reset using email or phone number, but I haven't received any code to continue the process.
The application is running in my old cellphone.
Could you help me?

Hi @Jcoky - on your old phone, when you open Hik-Connect and click on the 'Me' tab, is the email address at the top the same one as you're trying to use for the password reset?

Make sure the reset email isn't in your spam/junk folder either.

You could also try the 'forgot password' option here, in case that works:

Yes, I'm using the same email than in the old phone. I also used the option with the cellphone number but not response. I will check in the spam emails
Any other suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Sorry, I'm not sure what else it could be if they're not in your spam and the web portal link above doesn't work either. As far as I know, the reset links normally work.

Here's the email I just got - maybe make sure that address is in your safe senders list:

Hik-Connect account password reset code email.png

If you go to Me > Account Management on your old phone (by touching your username/email address at the top of the screen), then there is also a "change password" option here that you can try, but it asks for your old password.

Otherwise, I think you'll need to delete your account permanently from the Account Management page, and then set up the account again / re-add the devices.

Back