01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Error: "No analysis engine resource."

Thor

What does this mean?
When I try to click "Enable AI by Device" I get the error "No analysis engine resource."
CleanShot 2022-10-04 at 3.15.16@2x.jpg
CleanShot 2022-10-04 at 3.15.29@2x.jpg

It likely means your cameras "D9" does not support AI detection. Otherwise, you can try updating the firmware of the camera + NVR and try again.

It likely means your cameras "D9" does not support AI detection. Otherwise, you can try updating the firmware of the camera + NVR and try again.

D9 is the following camera:

DS-2CD2347G2-L
V5.7.10 build 220830

The NVR is the following

DS-7732NXI-I4 / S
V4.61.066 build 220920

Well, it seems like both the camera and the NVR support AI (deep learning) detection. And both firmwares are up to date... Sorry, I'm not sure what the issue is then. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

If you log into the camera directly and go to System>System Settings>VCA Resource, is this set to "Smart Event" or one of the other options?

Also, which browser are you using?

If you log into the camera directly and go to System>System Settings>VCA Resource, is this set to "Smart Event" or one of the other options?

Also, which browser are you using?
Hello Kyle, it does this in any browser ( I've tried; chrome, safari, edge and Firefox )

I logged in to D9 the camera in question ( also note it does it for all the cameras ).

Logged into D9 under System>System Settings>VCA Resource, I can confirm "Smart Event" is enabled.

I think I found the issue.

Enable AI by Device is when you have an accusense NVR but not an acusense camera, the NVR can convert up to 4 cameras to acusense by enabling this setting.

All my cameras are acusense already so it happens on the camera and not the NVR

"Enable AI by Device" is actually to use the Acusense in the cameras that already have the technology built-in.
If it isn't an Acusense camera then I don't think the option is usually there.

If you don't enable that setting, then the NVR's Acusense capabilities will be used automatically.

What's currently set as the "Engine Configuration Mode" on the NVR in System>VCA Configuration>Engine Configuration?
If it isn't "Perimeter Protection", does it work if you change it to this?

"Enable AI by Device" is actually to use the Acusense in the cameras that already have the technology built-in.
If it isn't an Acusense camera then I don't think the option is usually there.

If you don't enable that setting, then the NVR's Acusense capabilities will be used automatically.

What's currently set as the "Engine Configuration Mode" on the NVR in System>VCA Configuration>Engine Configuration?
If it isn't "Perimeter Protection", does it work if you change it to this?
I think you have it the opposite way.

Hikvision told me, if I enable "Enable AI by Device" then the NVR will do the Acusense.

He explained to me that "Enable AI by Device" the device there is the NVR, read differently it should read as "Enable AI by NVR".

The option is there for Acusense and none Acusense cameras, you'll enable that when you are on a none accusense camera.

I also see that same statement is made in the Hikvision UK channel;

Further to this, an Acusense NVR ( Even a 32 channel ) only supports "enable by device/nvr" on up to 4 none accusense cameras.

The issue I experienced is because I in error already had it turned on, on the first 4 cameras. Which isn't needed as they are actually accusense cameras.

Yep, you're exactly right, that's embarrassing!

I've just checked with a mixture Acusense and non-Acusense cameras on a 7608NXI-I2/8P.

I'm sure it was the other way around (how I thought) at some point, but it makes more sense for it to work as you describe.

I thought it was strange to even offer "enable AI by device" on an Acusense camera, as surely you would always want to use the AI in the camera.
But, thinking about it, I guess this allows you to use it on them if you need to have the camera itself in the monitoring or face capture mode.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Hey @Kyle, worries my man, this is Hikvision we are talking about... NOTHING makes sense on their systems. Good hardware though.

:p

Back