01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikconnect "Number of streaming channels exceeded limit. Please stop playing other channels........"

Hikvision have advised that the following things can cause this error:
  1. Make sure the network is stable.
  2. Do not view the live view or playback in iVMS-4200 and Hik-Connect at the same time. If so, it will limit the restriction and prompt this error code.
  3. Make sure the device is not shared with other Hik-Connect accounts, and not viewing the live view or playback at the same time.
I'm not able to replicate this problem on any of our NVR's, so please let me know if anybody is happy for Hikvision to access your Hik-Connect account to look into this bug and I'll email you to arrange this.

Following the suggestion of @hoakland here:

I installed the android HiLook app V5.4.0.0920 logged-in with my Hikconnect account and added my DS-7608NXI-K2 NVR.
The app is exactly the same with HikConnect but "Number of streaming channels exceeded limit. Please stop playing other channels........" Playback error did not appear again

Following the suggestion of @hoakland here:

I installed the android HiLook app V5.4.0.0920 logged-in with my Hikconnect account and added my DS-7608NXI-K2 NVR.
The app is exactly the same with HikConnect but "Number of streaming channels exceeded limit. Please stop playing other channels........" Playback error did not appear again

I have encountered three main issues with my camera setup, which I have discussed in various posts. Here is a concise summary of my findings:
  1. Random Camera Reboot Issue: I posted a discussion on this problem here: Random Reboot Issue. The random reboots occur unpredictably shortly after the live video feed starts when using Hik-Connect (6.3.0.0424) or HiLook (6.2.5.0412). However, the issue does not happen when using HiLook version 5.4.0.0920. Notably, iOS users do not experience this issue. According to my observations, this suggests an Android-specific problem. While HiLook 5.4.0.0920 eliminates the random reboots, it has some bugs and causes the app to freeze.

2. "Number of Streaming Channels Exceeded Limit" Error: In my case, this error occurs with both the Hik-Connect and HiLook apps. The only effective solution I have found is to reduce the camera bitrate.

3. Video Skipping Issue: I have detailed this problem here: Video Skipping Issue. The issue remains unresolved, although increasing the FPS value has slightly improved the situation, the video still intermittently skips.
I am deeply disappointed that I have been unable to resolve these fundamental issues. I wish I had not invested in this brand.

Another notice here.
In google play store the app installation size is 153MB.
In Hikvision app store the app installation size is 270MB.
So I decided to install from Hikvision app store. Problem remains the same.
Now thinking of enabling Samsung store and install from there. Version there is 6.1.20.0103.

Version 6.1.20.0103 from Samsung Store is OK.
HiLook version 6.2.5.0412 from Hikvision App Store is also OK.
So the problem seems to be version 6.3.0.0424. Hope in a few days there shall be a newer version.....

Thanks all, we don't have a demo NXI-K NVR to test, but I'll try and replicate the issue on another NVR as well as on a standalone camera.
If I can't, is somebody willing to share their Hik-Connect account details with Hikvision Support (via email), as they would like to log in and investigate the issue on a problem unit?
Morning Kyle

I don't mind sharing my details.

Back