01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

[FAQ] Is there a way to hide the "No Link" message shown on unused NVR channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

Knows a LOT of stuff
Trusted Member
Is there a way to hide the "No Link" message shown on unused NVR Channels?
Q:

Hi, when I have 10 cameras connected to a DS-7716NI-I4-16P and when I view the 4x4 multi-view I see 6 black boxes showing "No Link" in the centre, obviously because I'm not using those channels at the moment.

Is there a way I can hide the "No Link" message so it's just a black square?
It is definitely possible to remove the No Link error, but at the moment to my knowledge it isn't possible to replace it with a completely black, empty square. Instead, you'll be left with the Hikvision logo in the centre instead of the No Link message.

hxNxMg8.jpg

This has to be done via a monitor and mouse connected locally to your NVR. As of writing, this is possible on -I(x) and -E(x) series NVRs on firmware v3.4.2.

1. Log into your NVR and navigate to the Menu (right click)
  2. Select Configuration
  3. Click on the Live View tab on the left hand side
  4. At the top of this window, click on the View tab
  5. Select the live view layout you wish to configure via the buttons on the bottom left of the preview panel (in this case 4x4)
  6. Click the [x] next to the channel name (D01, D02 etc.) of any camera you don't wish to view in the preview panel (our customer needed to remove 6 unused channels). Their D01-D16 name should be replaced with a blank X
  7. Hit Apply when done
  8. Navigate back to your NVRs live view and the No Link messages should have been replaced with the Hikvision logo.
Unfortunately, it's not quite a blank, black square, but for many the Hikvision logo is preferable to No Link.

Exact same question I was going to ask.

I have the DS-7600NI-E2/8P of which I'm using 4 cameras setup.

I can't believe something as basic as blocking unused inputs from being included in multi screen and auto switch hasn't been addressed already.

Small thing I guess but very annoying.

Thanks Kieran. As you say 'Hikvision' is better than 'No Link'.

I'm going to email Hikvision and see if it can be rectified with an upgrade.

Perhaps if others email them they'll be more inclined to act.

Absolutely - I'm sure if they're reminded enough times that it's a desired feature, they'll get around to adding it

Hello Kieran. Some time ago, but did you ever get this resolved. I’m using same NVR (16 Channel) but with just 7 cameras. I want to auto switch one camera at a time for 10 seconds, and trying to find way to avoid ‘No Link’ screen message as cameras move from one to next. Thank you.

Hi lukechiodo

How are you viewing the NVR's live feed? Locally through a monitor, ivms-4200 or through a browser?

Could I ask you to start a new thread on this topic? We're trying to urge members to do this now rather than ask on old threads. Simply as it keeps discussion up to date and allows the post to be more visible and therefore having more chance of getting responses (as well helping others who are having similar issues find a solution). You weren't to know though, we're putting together a 'rules and guidelines of the forums' article at the moment as we're aware there's nothing to instruct people how to get the best out of the forums!

EDIT: Please find the latest fix to this in this thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back