01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect G3 ISU/SL and LSU/SL models - No arm disarm in Hik-Connect

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
@Dan @Kyle I broke this into another thread as although the other users' issue is resolved it highlights an issue with other camera models.

I've tested several cameras with 'active deterrent' or 'live guard' connected without an NVR to Hik-Connect, and found it's not possible to arm/disarm the audio and light alarms and there is no one key disarm icon (bell) to enable/disable notifications.

It appears Hikvision are fully aware of the issue, as the firmware for the G5 platform - '5.7.3_220216SP (fix the light and audio alarm on HC)' resolves it. However there is no corresponding patch firmware for the G3 (non c) models so if you have any of the following:

- DS-2CD2xx6G2-ISU/SL (G3 platform)
- DS-2CD2xx7G2-LSU/SL (G3 platform)

The camera won't work as intended with Hik-Connect unless using an NVR.

Thanks for flagging this @JB1970 - I'll raise it with Hikvision and ask if there will be patch firmware for the G3 models too.

I'm afraid that there does not seem to be a patch firmware for the G3 platform in the pipeline...

Here's Hikvision's response to me asking the question:
"This is a limitation of the G3 firmware. When released, this feature on them was designed to only work when added through an NVR, but this limitation was removed in the G5 cameras. It is unlikely that there will be a new baseline firmware for G3 to add this feature as it is now EOL, so we recommend upgrading to G5 cameras if it is a must-have function."

I'm afraid that there does not seem to be a patch firmware for the G3 platform in the pipeline...

Here's Hikvision's response to me asking the question:
"This is a limitation of the G3 firmware. When released, this feature on them was designed to only work when added through an NVR, but this limitation was removed in the G5 cameras. It is unlikely that there will be a new baseline firmware for G3 to add this feature as it is now EOL, so we recommend upgrading to G5 cameras if it is a must-have function."
Disappointing but thankfully not something that will affect me. I only have the one G3 ISU/SL spare, so I'll just make sure that one gets installed on an NVR.

Back