01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

gDMSS not live streaming feeds (only channel zero)

codlord

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Can anyone help me with a Dahua system? I am well versed in HikVision but not Dahua. I cannot seem to the Dahua app (gDMSS Plus from Android store) to stream live video feeds.

I have followed the pinned topic here about it. The NVR is on a network with web access, I have enabled P2P and in the app I can scan the QR code and login with a user/password. So the app is connecting to the NVR and I can see the device channels, camera names etc. I can even do video playback successfully.

But when I start a live view on any camera I just get the percentage ticking up slowly, gets to 99% then eventually times out.

But strangely if I live view channel zero it works perfectly - the live view is shown almost instantly.

The user I logged in with is an admin user with rights to view and playback all channels.
NVR DHI-NVR4104HS-P-4KS2 running firmware 4.000.0000000.1.R.190809
Cameras DH-IPC-HDBW4431F-AS running firmware 2.800.0000008.0.R.190619

Does setting the camera to a lower bandwidth configuration help?
e.g. lower fps and resolution for instance (just to test)

Does setting the camera to a lower bandwidth configuration help?
e.g. lower fps and resolution for instance (just to test)
I hadn't tried to change the stream settings as the app was set to stream and playback the sub-streams which I assumed were not going to be an issue for bandwidth. But after your suggestion I changed the app settings to stream the main streams and that works perfectly! Weird!

I have no idea yet why it won't stream the camera sub-streams, I know the sub-stream settings are low-res and low-bandwitch but I will double-check those sub stream settings to see if I can get to the bottom of this...

It's got me beat - neither the gDMSS Plus app or Smart PSS on Windows allows me to view sub-streams. In the case of Smart PSS on Windows it gives choice of "Sub Stream1" or "Sub Stream2". Both result in a timeout. The main streams work fine on both apps.

I tried changing all the following settings for both sub streams to various combinations but nothing seems to make a difference:
Encoding Type
Resolution
FPS
StreamCtrl
Quality
Bit Stream

At least we can still use the apps with main streams only, I guess it's only going to be an issue when a user is on poor quality mobile data as it might struggle to stream high-res/high bandwidth streams.

Back