01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Stuttering live view and playback?

tomknox96

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to this forum. I’m having major issues with playback and live view via the hik vision app. I recently got 4x 8MP colour Vue cameras installed and every time I watch live view or play back it stutters and lot and skips forward. For example if a car or person goes past it stutters and jumps as they’re walking. I don’t know how to fix this. We have 1GB internet so not a speed issue.

could the NVR not be good enough maybe. We have DS-7640NI-K1-4P. These cost a lot of money!

Hi @tomknox96

Are all 4 x 8MP ColorVu cameras connected to the same 7604 NVR?

Thanks @tomknox96

In that case, it is probably a bandwidth issue.

The 7604 NVR only supports up to 40Mbps of incoming bandwidth and the new 8MP AcuSense/ColorVu cameras can use around 15Mbps each, so trying to use 4 of these on the 7604 means you are probably exceeding the bandwidth limit which is why you are seeing unstable camera streams.

The only way to solve this issue would be one of the following:

1) Replace the NVR with a larger 8-ch M-series model (DS-7608NI-M2/8P) which supports more incoming bandwidth
2) Reduce the stream settings of each camera to save bandwidth (e.g. set the resolution lower, set the frame rate to 12/15fps, lower the video quality, increase the CODEC to H.265+, etc...)
3) Switch the cameras from a variable bitrate to a fixed bitrate that is under 10Mbps/10,000Kbps (but again this will reduce the stream resolution/quality to keep the bitrate under the limit you have set)

Back