01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to have live view and playback on my DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)?

pvodoz

Hi all,

Since few years, I have a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) NVR and 3 DS-2CD2185FWD-I
I have no problem when trying to watch live stream by connecting directly to the different cameras through my web browser.
But since the beginning, I cannot watch playback and live stream from my NVR through my web browser.
I had to install and use IVMS (phone or laptop) to connect to the NVR and be able to watch live stream or playback stream.

Is it a known issue that web viewing on the NVR through a web browser is not working?
Any relation with the format H265+ and the max resolution setting on my cameras?
Both cameras and NVR are up to date with the last firmware...

Thank you for your help

Last edited:
Hi all,

Since few years, I have a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) NVR and 3 DS-2CD2185FWD-I
I have no problem when trying to watch live stream by connecting directly to the different cameras through my web browser.
But since the beginning, I cannot watch playback and live stream from my NVR through my web browser.
I had to install and use IVMS (phone or laptop) to connect to the NVR and be able to watch live stream or playback stream.

Is it a known issue that web viewing on the NVR through a web browser is not working?
Any relation with the format H265+ and the max resolution setting on my cameras?
Both cameras and NVR are up to date with the last firmware...

Thank you for your help
It's been fairly well covered on the forum. It depends on both the NVR model and firmware and the specific web browser and version. Some models will just work natively (plug in free), some will require the web video plugin and others will not work at all.

Reactions: Dan
Yes, what @JB1970 said :)

If you can provide us with the current firmware of your NVR and cameras we can check you are running the latest.

With the latest firmware, you may see some improvement in browser access, or alternatively, you might have to switch to using Hikvision's free desktop VMS - iVMS-4200 - to access the live view & playback of the NVR.

Yes, what @JB1970 said :)

If you can provide us with the current firmware of your NVR and cameras we can check you are running the latest.

With the latest firmware, you may see some improvement in browser access, or alternatively, you might have to switch to using Hikvision's free desktop VMS - iVMS-4200 - to access the live view & playback of the NVR.
The NVR: V4.30.085 build 210409 (latest found on support but old version...)
the cameras: V5.6.820 build 220519 (latest found on support)

I can also tell you that neither Edge, nor Firefox, Chrome are working with the NVR live view, playback and video file download...

All is working with IVMS...

I bought these cameras and NVR thinking it was a professional brand. If I must install and use IVMS to access the NVR, it's really crazy!

Thanks @pvodoz

The NVR firmware is the latest but I have never seen that v5.6.820 firmware before (the latest we are aware of is v5.6.6), do you have a link for where you downloaded that firmware? Also, are you based in the UK/EU? (if you are outside Europe it might be that v5.6.820 is a region-specific firmware to where you are).

We understand your frustration with the NVR browser access, it is something we have chased Hikvision about for years. At this stage we are now in a mess of some of the latest NVR models offering full modern browser support, some older models offering some browser support, and the oldest models providing no browser support. Hikvision just can't seem to work out a simple solution that works for all the models they currently sell.

We are hoping for improved browser support for the 4ch NVR soon, but it may only come for a new NVR model supporting different firmware. At the very least all users should always still have access via the iVMS-4200 desktop software.

Back