01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect showing local IP and standalone camera live view

616marek

Hello USE-IP team. I hope you’re well.

I have few questions for you if you don’t mind.
I recently reset my NVR to the default. I have set up almost everything but have come across few problems. The hik-connect website used to show me the local IP address of my NVR- so it would look something like 192.168.254.48 but now it show sme my public IP address- 86.9.152.4/80 ( example). How could I change this so it would show me my local IP and after clicking on it I would just get redirected to my NVR via actual public IP? I mean it’s not a big issue but I don’t understand why it used to show my local IP and now it shows just the public one. Also when I click on the public one the browser shows me „DECEPTIVE SITE AHEAD“. Could you help at all?

I think I might have set up Hikvision DDNS before but I really can’t remember how to do it. It wasn’t the Hik- online DDNS as that has stopped quite some time ago. Do you know how to setup own Hikvision DDNS? Also is there any need for that as they’ve got their Hik-connect portal?

Also I have been thinking about having one standalone Hikvision camera in small office. It wouldn’t be viable to have NVR and the whole setup installed at this place. I know that if my Hikvision camera is connected to the internet I can watch live view via Hikconnect but I was wondering- is it possible to record video footage of standalone camera to some cloud like for example TP link does? Their cameras record directly to their cloud and you can live view your camera as well as playback anything via internet.

Thanks guys!

recently reset my NVR to the default. I have set up almost everything but have come across few problems. The hik-connect website used to show me the local IP address of my NVR- so it would look something like 192.168.254.48 but now it show sme my public IP address- 86.9.152.4/80 ( example).
Hi Marek,
Is your NVR connected to the LAN or WAN network?

What model of NVR do you have and what firmware version?

David

Hello USE-IP team. I hope you’re well.

I have few questions for you if you don’t mind.
I recently reset my NVR to the default. I have set up almost everything but have come across few problems. The hik-connect website used to show me the local IP address of my NVR- so it would look something like 192.168.254.48 but now it show sme my public IP address- 86.9.152.4/80 ( example). How could I change this so it would show me my local IP and after clicking on it I would just get redirected to my NVR via actual public IP? I mean it’s not a big issue but I don’t understand why it used to show my local IP and now it shows just the public one. Also when I click on the public one the browser shows me „DECEPTIVE SITE AHEAD“. Could you help at all?

I think I might have set up Hikvision DDNS before but I really can’t remember how to do it. It wasn’t the Hik- online DDNS as that has stopped quite some time ago. Do you know how to setup own Hikvision DDNS? Also is there any need for that as they’ve got their Hik-connect portal?

Also I have been thinking about having one standalone Hikvision camera in small office. It wouldn’t be viable to have NVR and the whole setup installed at this place. I know that if my Hikvision camera is connected to the internet I can watch live view via Hikconnect but I was wondering- is it possible to record video footage of standalone camera to some cloud like for example TP link does? Their cameras record directly to their cloud and you can live view your camera as well as playback anything via internet.

Thanks guys!
I manage two NVRs and for me Hik-Connect device management website has always shown the WAN/public IP adresses, even when I'm acessing the page within the local network, so I believe there's nothing you can do. I've never seen that message on my browser (Microsoft Edge), but I'm pretty sure it's because the page doesn't use any security protocol all, which is absurd, I know.

About the DDNS, I don't know if your device has support, but if it has, you can set it up on either NVR web or physical interface. And yes, you don't need a DDNS service if you Hik-Connect cloud service. The following is the DDNS configuration page on web GUI of my devices, but the physical one is mostly similar. Mine has support for DynDNS, PeanutHull and NO-IP services.

DDNS.jpeg

About the last question, you need an IP camera, which can connect directly to the internet, either wired or wireless. You can find Hikvision network cameras at the following link, but you need to look at the features list to see if they support recording directly to the cloud: Network Cameras

Last edited:
Back