01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help 2G Please

John

Hi All
I am new to IP cameras, but have a request for an IP camera which can apparently accept a dongle and get connected -I suppose as a normall vodafone/ 3 dongle, but cannot find any info of this.

Has anybody any info or heard of this please.

Thank You in advance

JOhn

Hello John, There's lots of useful info about 3G for IP CCTV in this thread.

The only IP camera that I can think of right now which will directly accept a 3G dongle is a wireless bullet from Brickcom. Their model GOB-100Ap (about £799 +VAT and a recommended additional 3G aerial option for £55 +VAT).

Hello John, There's lots of useful info about 3G for IP CCTV in this thread.

The only IP camera that I can think of right now which will directly accept a 3G dongle is a wireless bullet from Brickcom. Their model GOB-100Ap (about £799 +VAT and a recommended additional 3G aerial option for £55 +VAT).
Hi Phil, Thanks for getting back to me and all the info. I am assuming that a 2g system will not work with IP cameras ( 3G converts signal to data i think?) Will a switch/hub system be the only way then if there is only a 2g network available?

Thanks

John

Hello John,
As long as you can use a dongle to establish an internet connection, then you should be able to access your network camera via that connection.
The various wireless telephony standards (2G, 3G, etc) will of course have an impact upon the speed of connection / bandwidth available.
As you suggest, you can use a dongle in a suitable router to form a network hosting IP cameras.

Back