01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO Help! Ax Pro cannot configure. Rogue installer

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

Wearenothere

Hi All, I’m really at my wits end here and would really appreciate some help. We wanted a new alarm system fitted and an installer came and recommended the Ax Pro. After doing some research I was impressed and I agreed.

The day came and he installed the system. All was good until he left and I tried to configure it further than just the basics of what he did.

I’ve tried to actually make configuration changes however it turns out from reading the manual that Hikvision do not allow end users with an “Administrator” account to actually make any changes?!?! Only the installer (level 3 access) has those permissions.

I tried reaching out to the installer however he’s completely ghosted me. He’s the only one that seems to have the “configuration” permission.

Could someone please advise me on what to do? I have physical access to the device as well as network access and administration level access. However it appears there’s no bloody way for me to configure the system without the installer?!

Hi All, I’m really at my wits end here and would really appreciate some help. We wanted a new alarm system fitted and an installer came and recommended the Ax Pro. After doing some research I was impressed and I agreed.

The day came and he installed the system. All was good until he left and I tried to configure it further than just the basics of what he did.

I’ve tried to actually make configuration changes however it turns out from reading the manual that Hikvision do not allow end users with an “Administrator” account to actually make any changes?!?! Only the installer (level 3 access) has those permissions.

I tried reaching out to the installer however he’s completely ghosted me. He’s the only one that seems to have the “configuration” permission.

Could someone please advise me on what to do? I have physical access to the device as well as network access and administration level access. However it appears there’s no bloody way for me to configure the system without the installer?!
Unfortunately, if you cannot get hold of the original installer you may have to get another installer familiar with AX Pro to reset it and then configure the system for you. It's shocking that an installer would leave you with a system that was not fully configured.

With regard to not being able to make configuration changes - this is normal. All alarm systems have a level 3 engineer code that is only known by the installer - it is a requirement of the installation standards and has always been the case, at least since keypads replaced key switches on alarms in the 1980's (I'm knocking on a bit and started my career pre keypad!)

Hi Wearenothere

Sorry to hear this ,
this is elegal to have a acces promition on someone account soach cctv alarm etc .the installer is just installer and no the administration.
the alarm belong to you he should get promition from you for maintance etc only .no to operate it at any time .
you can ..
The account should be on your name and you must be the administrator .

here is how you can unbind the account and add it on your account ..

Regards Nick

Last edited:
Hi, like NickSM said you can unbind from hik-connect and bind to another. But i believe that he is using hikproconnect and that is why you can't configure anything.
Do you have some blue and green icons next to your device in hik-connect?

You can go to service on cloud, authorized devices and remove authorisation of the device.

Back