01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help! - Cannot login to Hik NVR after Firmware Update?

virdi

Hi all,

I was setting up an NVR (7608 k2) for a friend.

I activated it in SADP and everything seemed ok - Then upgraded the FW to the latest version. V4.3

NVR rebooted and is now showing in SADP etc... It's showing as 'Active' but it won't accept the password I set?

Anything I can do please?
Thanks

Last edited:
I guess a password reset would be the next thing to try.

Have you tried cycling the power to the NVR after the firmware update?

How did you resolve this?

I've just setup my new DS-7608NI-I2 and it was working fine, but noticed the firmware is old and was showing v4.50.000 build210125. There were two later firmware updates available.

So, I downloaded the next version of the firmware v4.50.010 build210322 and used the browser interface for the NVR to upgrade it. After the update it rebooted and I logged in using the admin user and the password I had initially set.

No problem, all worked well.

I then downloaded the next firmware upgrade v4.51.005 build210628 and went through the same firmware upgrade process. After the update it rebooted, but when I now log in using EXACTLY the same credentials it tells me the "User name or password is incorrect". Tried a couple of times but got the same response so went through the "Forgot password" process and set the password again. This made no difference and I'm still getting the same error.

I then ran SADPTool and this accepts the password!

I've tried powering off and back on, but it makes no difference.

I'm confused. What has happened and how do I login to the web application if it is rejecting the username and password I am entering? I did wonder if the "admin" username had been changed in this firmware release.

Please help.

Just resolved this myself, but here is the fix in case others have the same issue.

I use Google Chrome and this appears to be some sort of caching issue. After clearing the cache (for the last 24 hours) I was able to login okay.

What made me realise this was using SADPTools to change the IP address to a different value and that worked okay. I then changed it back and got the same issue.

All okay now :)

Just resolved this myself, but here is the fix in case others have the same issue.

I use Google Chrome and this appears to be some sort of caching issue. After clearing the cache (for the last 24 hours) I was able to login okay.

What made me realise this was using SADPTools to change the IP address to a different value and that worked okay. I then changed it back and got the same issue.

All okay now :)
Pls PIN this @Dan

Because looks like a chrome issue. Someone testet it with firefox?

Back