01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware HELP! Updated my DS-2CD2387G2-LU camera to latest firmware seeing green boxes in hik connect?

saunders1989

Hi,

I saw this post/ saying there was a new firmware to install for my cameras. so i installed it. Now i am seeing green boxes on my hik connect app. I have noticed if i change the view from HD to basic the green boxes go away but the live preview isn't great. It never used to do this until i upgraded my firmware.

Do i need to downgrade the firmware? Which firmware would not have this issue?

My camera model is this - DS-2CD2387G2-LU

1643290070147.png

IMG_AFE940740350-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi @saunders1989

It's a bug with that camera firmware (and I think some of the new I-Series NVR firmware), it's been reported by a few on this forum.

I'm going to ask Hikvision if they are aware of it

Does this firmware for the cameras solve the problem? - V5.7.3_211222

If you're using an I-Series NVR, any firmware newer than V4.51.025 may be causing the issue too:

Hi @Kyle I do have an I series NVR which I also upgraded last night. I had updated to 5.7.3 but that still is causing an issue which makes me think its the NVR firmware. I dont remember what firmware my NVR was on before i updated. Should I downgrade to 4.51.025? would that be okay to do so?

Yes, you should be able to downgrade to V4.51.025 in exactly the same way as you update and it's safe to do so.

It should hopefully fix it, as members in that thread linked in my last post mentioned this earlier firmware resolved the green box issue.

Hi @Kyle I have just downgraded to that 4.51.025 and my green screens have gone when viewing in HD. thanks for your help

Hey @Kyle I spoke to soon. Because I wasnt too fussed about exporting some details as i have that all saved so re entering wasnt an issue. Now My NVR wont connect in the hik connect app.

Is Hik-Connect enabled and showing as online in Configuration Network Advanced Settings Platform Access?

See step 1 here:

Check your encryption key/verification code hasn't changed too (you can always disable this completely directly on the NVR).

What does it have set as the server address on this page?

After checking, try unbinding it from your account and re-adding it, as per the following steps in the link above.

No the status says offline. I thought it was some sort of network issue but i cant seem to change anything that makes a difference.

1643299947660.png

When you say unbind it. do you mean delete it from here?

1643300076899.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've made the situation 100 times worse. I have just removed it in the hik connect account and when i re enter the serial number it says that device is offline.

I think I shouldn't have deleted it as i have just checked my router and it says my NVR isn't connected to the internet. i've tried all the different settings that are out there and seem to not get this NVR back online

Update

I have checked my router again after a restart and it says it has internet connected via ethernet but the register status still says offline

Last edited:
Have you changed the address on the Platform Access page from what it was when it was online before?
Are you clicking save at the bottom of Platform Access after enabling Hik-Connect?

Run the SADP tool on your PC, and check that the correct Gateway address (your router's IP) is still set on the camera - you could also try enabling Hik-Connect here, this is all explained here:

In a browser, on Configuration Network Basic Settings, check that your DNS servers are set to these:
1643368087488.png

Once the register status is "online" in that Platform Access page, the camera should start working in the app.

I have tried all of that and it looks like the NVR is connected to the network but not connecting to the hik connect servers

If you go to enable Hik-Connect on the NVR directly in Platform Access, does that work?

Try these server addresses too:
dev.hik-connect.com
litedev.hik-connect.com

Can you post a screenshot of SADP with the network parameters for the NVR showing please? (You'll need to tick the box for it to show this.)
And also a screenshot of Configuration Network Basic Settings TCP/IP?

Here is a snapshot of the SADP tool

1643623100360.png

and here is my TCP/IP page:
1643623159500.png

I have tried changing the dns servers to different numbers e.g alternate to 8.8.4.4 and 1.1.1.1 but i know this current setup works because when i go on to the nvr with a monitor and i test 8.8.8.8 i get a dialog saying 0% packet loss and another string i cant remember what it says now but looks like that is working. also just for safety I have told my router to reserve the IP address of this NVR so nothing in theory should get given that IP.

Thanks, those look fine.

I might need to ask Hikvision about it, as it could be a bug with downgrading to this firmware.

Before I do, can I check that you have turned on the stream encryption again before clicking save after enabling Hik-Connect?
You can check that this is still the same by clicking on the eye icon in the field below this:
1643631211274.png

Thanks, I'm not sure why the "register status" isn't changing to "online", as it normally should!

I've asked Hikvision support if this could be an issue with the firmware.

Have you tried a different browser?

Yer i have tried chrome and firefox on my mac. I dont have a windows machine to use. ive even disabled it. restarted the NVR waited 15 mins and then enabled but still offline.

Back