01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with DS-7064NI-K1 & Honeywell IP cameras

Moto

Hi, i'm fairly savvy when it comes to tech, but I have to admit I'm struggling with this.
I recently bought some nice quality Honeywell PSIA HD4HDIHX cameras from eBay, for not a lot of money.
I can connect to each camera fine via POE switch and view/change/modify the output on Internet Explorer using the ActiveX codec from Honeywell. Great picture, motorised zoom and focus, perfect.
I can also view the camera output on my phone using the IPCamViewer app I've previously purchased, using rtsp://192.168.xxx.xxx/h264. I can also view the output on my desktop with iSpyconnect, using rtsp://192.168.xxx.xxx/h264, or even: rtsp://admin:1234@192.168.xxx.xxx:554/PSIA/Streaming/channels/0?videoCodecType=H.264

So with this i decided to buy a Hikvision DS7064NI-K1-4P to record the camera output. But I just cannot get the NVR to see the cameras, I've tried for a week!
I've fixed the test camera IP to 192.168.254.4, plugged it into port 3 of the NVR, and set it as a PSIA camera, but I get an 'IP camera exception' error. If I purposefully put in a wrong password, the NVR knows this, so I know it's seeing the camera.
If I set the camera as a custom one, using either if the 2 known rtsp streams that work with iSpyconnect I get an 'The network unreachable' error.
I've tried every format/combination I can think off. I anyone can help me with this, i'd be eternally grateful.

setup.jpg

Have you tried manually adding the cameras in the NVR's Camera Management section using ONVIF?

adding ONVIF cameras 5-12-17.png

Or via a direct-connected monitor:

Hi, and thanks.

I've tried the ONVIF option, and get an 'unknown error'. The cameras are sold as PSIA compatible.
I can't complete the custom adding section as it tells me 'no more cameras allowed'..........

There isn't a PSIA option.
HikVision make lots of Honeywell's cameras, have you tried selecting HikVision?

There isn't a PSIA option.
HikVision make lots of Honeywell's cameras, have you tried selecting HikVision?

I’m not sure I have. I’ll try tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks again.

Morning..
I've tried to set the camera manually to HIKVISION on ports 80, 8000 & 554 with no success.
PSIA is an option on all but the very latest version of software for the K1 series.
PSIA.png

I'm coming to the conclusion that the cameras and the NVR will not talk to each other, which is a massive pain as I've installed 2 of the cameras already.
I can't help but think it's the format of the rtsp stream that's wrong, or i'm inputting the wrong or incomplete information in the custom camera fields.

Try a firmware version where PSIA is an option and set it up as per my browser access screenshot of Camera Management above.
(switching ONVIF in my example for PSIA in your case)
With IVMS-4200 not running.

Yeah, I've just tried that, and get the ip camera exception error.
Currently cycling through various rtsp steams, all of which are giving me network unreachable errors.....sigh..

Back