01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with my Samsung SN-1673S NVR?

fmc

I have a samsung NVR SN-1673s which I can view all my cameras fine on a monitor. The NVR has 16 POE ports, I am using 10 so far. I want to watch them remotely.

I have the NVR ethernet cable plugged into port 3 on my router, however when I view my router it says port 3 is empty so I cant set any firewall or port forwarding to view remotely.

The strange thing is that when I go to the ddns.hanwha-security site it shows the connected status as ON.

If I unplug the ethernet cable from my NVR then the site sees it is disconnected.

There are 2 ethernet ports on the NVR, one marked up viewer the other switch, it is the viewer is the port I am using.

If I connect the router up to the switch port then yes I see an IP address assigned to it, also see all the other cameras.
But after a while of running with this plugged in my internet almost comes to a stop.

Quite strange that I am able to do google searches, but when I click on most links it says no internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @fmc

Have you installed the Wisenet Device Manager? This tool will scan your local network for any online devices.

The viewer LAN port should be the correct port, can you confirm the IP range of the address you saw was assigned to the NVR? (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.10.xxx)

Do you know the IP range of your own local network/router?

Thanks for your help. I was just about to put an update when I saw your post.
No I hadn't installed the wisenet devise manager, I have now but looks a bit complicated at first glance I think I will have to have good look at it.
However I think I have found a workaround, I don't know how it works but it has, hopefully you might know why.
I plugged another ethernet cable from the router to a spare camera port, this seemed to assign the IP address for the NVR and I was able set the port forward. I am now able to view remotely using the wisenet mobile app and also view internally via IE and my internal IP address for the NVR. It has been running 24 hrs now without slowing my internet down.
It works but I have lost one port for any additional cameras.

on the NVR network one(camera) is192.168.1.103 network two(viewer) is 192.168.102. The default gateway is set to network two.
The IP range is 192.168.1.64 to 192.168.1.253.

Right,

I think I understand what has happened here.

It is normal for most PoE NVRs to have a separate subnet IP range for the PoE cameras which makes them not accessible from the local network, but it looks like in the case of this NVR that the subnet range (192.168.1.103) has the same IP range as your local network (192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.253) which is why the NVR will connect to the network when using the NVR PoE ports.

If you change that network two(viewer) range from 192.168.102.xxx to 192.168.1.xxx then it should be possible to connect the NVR to the local network using that viewer LAN port.

My apologies, I miss typed. network two should read 192.168.1.102

okay, then maybe the issue was that both your PoE port subnet and your LAN default gateway were set to the same network range (192.168.1.xxx) and this was confusing things when trying to view the NVR from your local network.

If everything is working okay as it is now then you might be better off just leaving it as is for now because changing the camera/PoE port range to a different range after you've already connected cameras to those PoE ports is just going to confuse things and you will likely end up having reset everything and start from scratch to get the network settings configured correctly.

I do agree, best not mess if its working. Typical that after weeks of trying to figure it out I finally find someone who might be able to solve the problem , only to accidently solve it myself.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Reactions: Dan
Back