01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect auto rotate to landscape no longer working properly

milleniumaire

I've been using Hik-Connect v4.23.0.0610 on my Samsung S21 since January this year and prior to that I used Hik-Connect on a much older Samsung S7 Edge.

Today, I noticed something has changed.

Each morning I go into the Hik-Connect app and click on the button to "Stop" alerts to my mobile. So the Notifications are still received in the Hik-Connect app (even when it isn't open), but I don't get an alert each time a notification occurs. I have to do this because unfortunately the Hik-Connect app resets this setting each day, so I have to turn it off every day. Not a problem, I've lived with this for over a year!

Next, I go into Notifications and mark them all as read. I then scroll through the small number of notifications that may have occurred during the night and for each one I click on the Playback icon. When holding the mobile normally, playback plays in a small window at the top of the "portrait" window, so I rotate my phone to landscape and the video image changes to landscape and fills the phone screen. However, this morning for the first time, I noticed it did not fill the full screen, but still shows the small "portrait" sized video image at the top of the landscape screen.

Anyone any idea why this is happening? It isn't very good and makes it difficult to see what is happening given the small image.

Viewing live images still uses the full screen size when viewing in landscape mode!

Switching off/on Auto rotate doesn't make any difference as it appears to be the Hik-Connect app that is controlling the rotation of the image. Coincidentally, yesterday I switched from Vodafone to ID mobile, but surely something like this can't be as a result of switching networks and this is just a coincidence?

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hmm, you're the first to report this.
I've no idea why you are seeing this change.
It'd seem highly unlikely that changing network provider would cause this.

Have you got the latest version of the App? (Version: 4.23.0.0610)
Edit: Sorry, you already stated you do.

Yes, I have the latest version, but I didn't upgrade the app, so I'm assuming something prompted it to happen as I think the 4.23.0.0610 version was only released about a week ago? If so, it may be that it only updated on my mobile yesterday, possibly as a result of my network change, and that's why I have only noticed today.

Are you seeing the same issue with this version of the app?

I have the same problem, in playback if you rotate your phone the picture did not fill up the screen.

Screenshot_20220702-002222_Hik-Connect.png

I have the same problem, in playback if you rotate your phone the picture did not fill up the screen.
Are you using the latest version (4.23.0.0610)?
Has this just started to happen?
I've contacted Hikvision support, who asked for additional information, but since then I've heard nothing from them which is disappointing.
I was considering trying to install an earlier version of Hik-Connet to see if the issue goes away, thereby proving it is a bug on the latest version, but if I remember correctly, it took me a while to get the app working!

Yes I have the latest version, problem started with this version.

Where I can find previous version?

This is the previous version, and it works just fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220702-121224_Hik-Connect.png
    Screenshot_20220702-121224_Hik-Connect.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 193
Did you de-install the old version first or simply install the older version? Did it remember all the existing settings?

Just to add my tuppence worth, the exact same happened to me probably around the same time as the OP above on my Samsung Note 9
Interestingly Apple seems unaffected.

I came looking for a solution today and thankfully downloading the new version of Hik Connect has solved the problem. Although I do wonder why my App hasn't updated itself as Ive never updated it yet it was on the latest update bar one.

It's been around 6 weeks since I created this thread and today I'm having yet more app problems. The app no longer opens and just crashes. Clearly there's been another update by hik-vision and they have managed to break it again. I can see many people are reporting this issue.

Do hik-vision bother to test the changes they make? It would appear not based on the crappy versions they keep releasing.

The version is 4.24.1.0715.

Now to find the earlier version and install it.....

Just updated to the latest version of 4.25.0.0812 and at least it isn't crashing on startup!
So, I don't understand why my Hik-Connect app is upgrading to a version that doesn't work, rather than to the latest version, which I have to do manually!

A Google/Android update caused a bit of a crisis for Android users of the Hik-Connect right before you updated:

Do you still see the problem that you originally mentioned with regard to auto-rotation even now running the very latest version?

Others seem to say it was resolved e.g. @RoundSquare at #16

Do you still see the problem that you originally mentioned with regard to auto-rotation even now running the very latest version?

Others seem to say it was resolved e.g. @RoundSquare at #16

I am using Hik Connect V4.25.0.0812 and it is working fine for me on my Samsung S21 mobile running Android version 12 (Snow Cone).

I see there is a newer version V4.26.0.0831, but I currently have no intention to upgrade as each time this has happened I've had issues, so don't trust the quality of HikVisions's testing/QA.

Back