01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect auto rotate to landscape no longer working properly

After upgrading to IOS16 yesterday (iPhone13) i'm also facing the landscape-rotate issue.

- Hik-Connect App (IOS) version: 4.26.0.20220726

The issue only occurs when playing back alerts/activities. In live-view and remote playback all is OK, the image extends to fullscreen landscape when turning the phone.
Tried the obvious: logout/login to the app (same issue), reboot phone (same issue), hard-reboot phone (same issue), remove and reinstalled the app (same issue), toggled the rotate-lock on/off (same issue)

Hope this gets fixed soon.

[update] Seems that also the (old?) HiLookVision app version 4.23.0.1521444 (updated 2 months ago) has the exact same issue. This is indicating to me that there's most likely a relation with the IOS16 version as both apps were working fine before the IOS upgrade.

Last edited:
After upgrading to IOS16 yesterday (iPhone13) i'm also facing the landscape-rotate issue.

- Hik-Connect App (IOS) version: 4.26.0.20220726

The issue only occurs when playing back alerts/activities. In live-view and remote playback all is OK, the image extends to fullscreen landscape when turning the phone.
Tried the obvious: logout/login to the app (same issue), reboot phone (same issue), hard-reboot phone (same issue), remove and reinstalled the app (same issue), toggled the rotate-lock on/off (same issue)

Hope this gets fixed soon.

[update] Seems that also the (old?) HiLookVision app version 4.23.0.1521444 (updated 2 months ago) has the exact same issue. This is indicating to me that there's most likely a relation with the IOS16 version as both apps were working fine before the IOS upgrade.
I am also having this issue on my IPhone 12 Pro with IOS16. However, it is not specific to Hikvision. It is happening on nearly all my security camera apps, including Reolink, my cheap Genie wifi camera, as well as my Sengled Snap camera. This leads me to believe it is a problem with IOS and not the camera app itself. I am hopeful that Apple fixes the problem since the Sengled App hasn’t been updated in months and I am doubtful that they will ever ‍♂️

I am using Hik Connect V4.25.0.0812 and it is working fine for me on my Samsung S21 mobile running Android version 12 (Snow Cone).

I see there is a newer version V4.26.0.0831, but I currently have no intention to upgrade as each time this has happened I've had issues, so don't trust the quality of HikVisions's testing/QA.
The Hik Connect app auto updates for me, currently running version V4.26.0. with iOS 15.7 and not noticed any issues at all.
Maybe it is iOS 16 causing the issue?

I've got the same issue on iOS. From the notifications area, selecting event and clicking the 'playback' link to view the clip. Clip starts, rotate the phone to landscape and the screen doesn't rotate/image doesn't switch to full screen landscape.

[Resolved]

Hikvision released an update of the app (IOS v4.27.0.20221017). In addition to some new features it has fixed the bug where event playback did not go to landscape upon turning the phone (which seemed to affect IOS16 users)

That new App release from yesterday seems to be only for Android?

The IOS release is still 4.26.1 from 10 days ago:

Attachments

• Hik-Connect IOS App 19-10-22.png
    Hik-Connect IOS App 19-10-22.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Hik-Connect Android App 19-10-22.png
    Hik-Connect Android App 19-10-22.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 124
That new App release from yesterday seems to be only for Android?

The IOS release is still 4.26.1 from 10 days ago:
Those are just the hyperlinks from HikVision, apple app store obviously has the 4.27 version, it was released there on the 18th. (perhaps some regional differences are there in the app store, over here in NL it at least updated to 4.27)

I already mentioned it in another topic, here I will ..
Iphone 12, iOS 16.0.3, version app 4.27.0.
DVR is 7204HUHI-K1, firmware 4.25.001

There is a big bug, I can no longer see anything recorded under playback, although the dvr records properly and I can view it when I connect directly via the ip address. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, it doesn't help. Are you having problems?

I already mentioned it in another topic, here I will ..
Iphone 12, iOS 16.0.3, version app 4.27.0.
DVR is 7204HUHI-K1, firmware 4.25.001

There is a big bug, I can no longer see anything recorded under playback, although the dvr records properly and I can view it when I connect directly via the ip address. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, it doesn't help. Are you having problems?

Hi, iPhone 13 (IOS 16.0.3 here / DS-7608NXI-I2 / S) Yes i think i see the same issue. Playback from the dvr indeed no longer provides the ability to playback individual events, just the complete timeline (with selectable blocks on the whole hour) while the previous version had the ability to select individual events. Playback from the app on individual camera's i see as an improvement because of the way you can select events.

TIP: Quickly Install the hilook app while you can. (its the blue version of the hiconnect) its 100% identical but hasn't received the update yet and as such it works like the 4.26 version of hiconnect.

Thx
I Install hilook, there work like hikvision, but before this update.

Attachments

• DAEF09AB-1CFA-48BA-BD80-E0B96E669F6C.png
    DAEF09AB-1CFA-48BA-BD80-E0B96E669F6C.png
    430.6 KB · Views: 128
I added the device via IP address, locally. So the playback device added works perfectly in that way.. maybe it can help solve my problem.

I have recently changed from Vodafone to BT - since changing, as soon as I open the app on my phone it auto rotates to Landscape.
App version i am using is V4.20.001

I have recently changed from Vodafone to BT - since changing, as soon as I open the app on my phone it auto rotates to Landscape.
App version i am using is V4.20.001
If you’re on Android…

Me > Settings > Tablet Mode.

Make sure it’s off

Back