01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect can't play back but live view works fine?

Boarders

I've had my CCTV system working well for the last few months (Hikvision 8 channel NVR and 8 DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL cameras) with no issues viewing livestream and playback video on my Android phone. I don't have a cloud account. Viewing whilst remote has been fine.

Last week I went away and enabled the holiday setting to alert me for intrusion on any camera 24 hours a day rather than my preset times whilst not away.

I received a few intrusion alerts (false alarms as far as I could tell) but have been unable to view the events on my phone. I installed Hik-Connect on another Android device but again playback failed with the progress circle stopping between 85-99%. Live stream worked fine on both devices.

Now that I'm back home and the holiday timer has been disabled, I thought trying from the same LAN would prove successful, but it didn't.

Any ideas on how to resolve it? There seems little point having a security system if I can't view saved video remotely.

Further to the above after some testing:

1. Playback works for all events subsequent to disabling the holiday setting.

2. All events detected whilst 'on holiday' are apparently missing and the 24/7 recordings cannot be accessed.

Clearly it's the holiday mode that's responsible.

I didn't want to change my scheduled recording hours for 8 cameras for a 1 week trip which is why I enabled the holiday mode thinkimg it would switch to 24/7 event recording and notification. Am I comfused by what this holiday schedule is all about?

Further to the above after some testing:

1. Playback works for all events subsequent to disabling the holiday setting.

2. All events detected whilst 'on holiday' are apparently missing and the 24/7 recordings cannot be accessed.

Clearly it's the holiday mode that's responsible.

I didn't want to change my scheduled recording hours for 8 cameras for a 1 week trip which is why I enabled the holiday mode thinkimg it would switch to 24/7 event recording and notification. Am I comfused by what this holiday schedule is all about?
It's not something I ever use but the holiday schedule only alters the recording schedule and doesn't alter anything to do with events. So if your events are on a schedule, they won't become 24/7 when holiday schedule is in use; the recording will change to 24/7 event recording if that's what is set, but if events aren't active due to their own schedule there will be no recording. There is no Holiday schedule for events. This is something that @fullboogie came up against in a recent thread. I'm not sure why a holiday schedule isn't available for events; it seems a reasonably useful feature...

So by enabling the holiday schedule I shot myself in the foot. Seems like a useless 'feature' and is counter-intuitive. I'm glad nothing happened during my time away as I'd have no evidence for the authorities.

It's not something I ever use but the holiday schedule only alters the recording schedule and doesn't alter anything to do with events. So if your events are on a schedule, they won't become 24/7 when holiday schedule is in use; the recording will change to 24/7 event recording if that's what is set, but if events aren't active due to their own schedule there will be no recording. There is no Holiday schedule for events. This is something that @fullboogie came up against in a recent thread. I'm not sure why a holiday schedule isn't available for events; it seems a reasonably useful feature...

I just went about it the hard way for my vacation. Since all my cameras are set to record 24/7 and all I cared about was event notifications while I was gone, I just changed the alert notifications schedule for each camera to 24/7 the morning I left. Doing so for line crossing and intrusion for 8 cameras, then resetting the schedule once I got home was a bit of a pain.

It sure would be useful to have a second set of notification scheduling to engage when needed!

Back