01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect has stopped working on my Android phone this morning (August 10th) - presumably after a software update?

Jaf65

Hik Connect has stopped working this morning (August 10th) - presumably after a software update. The app crashes every time immediately after you try to open it. I have tried re-installing it and rebooting phone but nothing works. I have a Pixel 6. There appear to be a lot of other Pixel phone users having the same problem

Has anyone got a solution to this? Any other phones having the same problem?

Only your report to us, so far.
We are investigating now.
We have iPhones and Android here to test with, but do not have a Google pixel phone to test with.
Watch this space ...

Hi @Jaf65

The app still works fine on up-to-date iPhones and other Androids, so I think it must be an issue only affecting Pixel phones.

It looks like the update released for your phone was just a monthly security patch:

Are you able to see and confirm which security level version your phone is on now, please?
The steps for checking are here:

Our feeling is that they may have introduced a new security feature for Google devices which blocks unauthorised apps not downloaded from their App store from working properly.

I'll ask Hikvision if they're aware of this too and come back with an update.

Hi @Jaf65

The app still works fine on up-to-date iPhones and other Androids, so I think it must be an issue only affecting Pixel phones.

It looks like the update released for your phone was just a monthly security patch:

Are you able to see and confirm which security level version your phone is on now, please?
The steps for checking are here:

Our feeling is that they may have introduced a new security feature for Google devices which blocks unauthorised apps not downloaded from their App store from working properly.

I'll ask Hikvision if they're aware of this too and come back with an update.
It is build number SQ3A.220705.003. it says Android was updated to version 12 and it received a security update on 5 July. That is strange since it was working perfectly well yesterday.

Here are the links to the other users having the exact same problems:

Thanks

Thanks, Hikvision has confirmed that they're aware of the issue and working on a fix already.

They don't have a timeline yet but are going to keep me updated, so I'll post an update here.

Hi same issue. Just jumped on the forum now as our Hikvision doorbell stopped ringing on the Hikvision app today (10th August). App won't open and phone recommended to clear the cache (which didn't work). Tried to update the app through Hikvision with the same issue and even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app (still same issue). Phone is a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2. The NVR with the Hik cameras is still visable through IVMS-4200 on the desktop PC but the Hik Connect App just won't open.

Thanks

Edit: did an android software update yesterday so thinking that's the likely cause?

Having the same issues since yesterday, hik app loads then crashes immediately, Have a Asus Rog3, Android 12 os . stumped on what to do

Just experienced the exact same thing on my S21 ultra. Immediate crash upon launch, reinstalled but still crashing. Luckily still have an older APK from April in my downloads, installed and working fine again.

Just experienced the exact same thing on my S21 ultra. Immediate crash upon launch, reinstalled but still crashing. Luckily still have an older APK from April in my downloads, installed and working fine again.
Checked to see if I had any previous versions but they been over written. Will it be possible to send me that version?

I have the same problem, we have the app on 2 tablets (android10) and 2 identical phones (Nokia 8.3 5g on android12). all are on the latest version of the app but only my phone has stopped but the other phone hasn't been rebooted for over a month and the app is still working, where as mine has been rebooted and now the app just quits after opening it.... Lets hope the fix is out soon.....

Last edited:
I was having similar issues on Fire tablets after updating following an in app notification. I deleted the app completely and re installed the latest version from the Hikvision App Store. For me the new install (as opposed to updating) seems to have fixed it. YMMV but worth a try...

Just a quick update...

Hikvision's technical team have just let me know that they are aware that this seems to be affecting a range of Android devices and are working on fixing this as a priority.

I'll follow up with whatever I can.

Is it affecting the Samsung S21 Ultra?

I uninstall the App and now I can't reinstall it, just keeps crashing and saying there's a bug in the app

To Watch this thread and receive updates via your email:

If you are a member of this forum, and are signed-in, you should see a link at the very top of this thread (at the right-side, above Post #1) which allows you to click and 'Watch' this thread. You should then receive an email notification when updates are posted to this thread, and hopefully soon be notified when a new fixed release of Hik-Connect for Android is made available.

If you are not currently a member of this forum, it is free to join and you are welcome to register.
The button/link to register is in the dark blue band at the very top right of any page of this forum (just to the left of the search icon).

Is it affecting the Samsung S21 Ultra?

I uninstall the App and now I can't reinstall it, just keeps crashing and saying there's a bug in the app
It seems to be affecting many models of Android phone.
An earlier Post at #9 confirms that another user has seen the issue with the same phone model that you have. :(

No, not yet.

Follow the steps at #16 and you should be notified when we have a new release available from Hikvision.

Back