01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect has stopped working on my Android phone this morning (August 10th) - presumably after a software update?

I have my original download of the Hik Connect app but not sure how that helps? If the issue is caused by an android update surely the only solution is to revert to an older android update? Also my original Hik Connect download won't install as it says the phone isn't allowed to install unknown apps from this source (despite changing the permissions in settings). Going away on holiday soon and don't particularly want to be away without intrusion detections :/

Thanks

I have my original download of the Hik Connect app but not sure how that helps? If the issue is caused by an android update surely the only solution is to revert to an older android update? Also my original Hik Connect download won't install as it says the phone isn't allowed to install unknown apps from this source (despite changing the permissions in settings). Going away on holiday soon and don't particularly want to be away without intrusion detections :/

Thanks
I Just installed the older version on my Pixel and it worked. Was this version: Download Hik-Connect 4.21.2.0307 for Android | Uptodown.com

It seems to be ok when you upgrade until you reboot the phone, i've rebooted mine and the app fails but my partner who hasn't rebooted, her app still works (we have the same phones). I did message some of my customers i know that are on android about the issue and one of them said their app was working fine, he then rebooted and messaged me to say the app had now stopped working (no idea why he did that after I warned him that i think it fails after a reboot) but it did confirm my suspicion, so if your app is still working I defo wouldn't reboot your phone until a new version has been released....

UPDATE - As some have already found, an update for the Hik-Connect app has been released to fix this issue, details from Hikvision support are below:

We have now released a fix for the Hik-Connect crashing issue on:
This issue affected those phones which were upgraded to the latest Google Playstore version. Please download V4.25 of Hik-Connect from the Hikvision App Store, uninstall the old Hik-Connect, and install the latest version to remedy the issue. Any issues or feedback, please do let me know.

If you do encounter any other issues after installing this update let us know and we will feed it back to Hikvision Support.

Hik Connect has stopped working this morning (August 10th) - presumably after a software update. The app crashes every time immediately after you try to open it. I have tried re-installing it and rebooting phone but nothing works. I have a Pixel 6. There appear to be a lot of other Pixel phone users having the same problem

Has anyone got a solution to this? Any other phones having the same problem?
Hi I have this problem with cctv mobile app not working

Hi @RAMROD
Have you read through the thread and tried the new App as per the Posts immediately before yours?

Hi @RAMROD
Have you read through the thread and tried the new App as per the Posts immediately before yours?
Hi I have reset everything ,re installed the older apps and still not working my sons is OK on his s, ultra 22 my s21 no good Phil.thanks for text

Hi I have reset everything ,re installed the older apps and still not working my sons is OK on his s, ultra 22 my s21 no good Phil.thanks for text

If you have HikConnect already installed, it should automatically prompt you to download the newest version that Phil mentioned above. It just did for me. Galaxy 21 and no problems with the app, even after reboot.

If the app doesn't auto prompt you, go to "More" in the lower right corner, "About" at the bottom of the list, then "Detect latest version." It should download from there.

Hi, Telsa , what I'm saying is I have checked for updates mine wont open the last update 0712 but I tried another and was able to see the app online

Hi, Telsa , what I'm saying is I have checked for updates mine wont open the last update 0712 but I tried another and was able to see the app online
Hi, Telsa , what I'm saying is I have checked for updates mine wont open the last update 0712 but I tried another and was able to see the app online,,,,,,

Go into the hikivision app in your apps you should be able to update app from there .hopefully it helps you .

Back