01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect no playback "no footage found" error?

dalB

Hi,

I am getting the above error on the app.

Storage status in settings indicates HDD Exception.

Please assist.

Thank you.

Hi @dalB - have you got a hard drive installed on the NVR?
If so, what does the storage management page show for it?

Hi @dalB - have you got a hard drive installed on the NVR?
If so, what does the storage management page show for it?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

All seems ok on storage page, is there anything in particular to look out for?

It should show a hard drive in the table on there, with the size of it and its status, which should be 'normal'.
If you have a drive installed but it isn't showing, make sure all of the connections shown in this guide are secure:

thanks for the swift reply.

i did see something yesterday that said available storage "0" used storage "0"

Send a screenshot of the storage page if you're unsure :)
Have you ever been able to save footage on that NVR?

will do when I am on site.

yes we could playback to approx 3.5 weeks

OK, definitely check the status of the hard drive on the storage page and also the physical SATA cable connections.

It could also be that it isn't set to overwrite - this post explains how to set that:

You'll also have the option to run some hard drive tests (S.M.A.R.T. and Bad Sector Detection), so it's worthwhile doing these too as they'll flag up any problems with the drive.

Hi,

Please see images attached as requested.

I have checked all SATA physical connections as advised and all is fine.

I then shut down the recorder (iDS-7208HUHI-M1-FA-A), but on boot up after selecting the language and entering password the local monitor (connected via VGA) is blank. I cant get past this stage.

Red light is flashing on recorder and beeps on start up.

Other users have suggested:

change resolution to 1920 x 1080 - but it was working fine before the restart?

disable stream encryption

change CR1220 battery on board

I personally think the Toshiba Surveillance S300 2TB HD has failed but i do get the red light flashing on start up.

Can i connect the DVR to laptop via HDMI?

Attachments

• DVR2.jpg
    DVR2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DVR1.jpg
    DVR1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 20
Thanks - yes, there's a good chance the drive has failed.
Can you send a screenshot of the Storage Device page please (in the left-hand pane of your screenshots), as this should indicate if there's a problem with the drive?

You can't login on a laptop via HDMI cable, but if you enter the DVR's IP address in a web browser's URL bar on the laptop (with both devices on the same network), you will be able to access it's webpage and get the same configuration menu in there.

i cant as yet as I am being greeted with this blank monitor??

Can i connect the DVR to laptop via HDMI?

Is there some tests I can run to test HD as I don't want to buy it at approx £70 to find it wasn't the HD?

You can log in to the DVR on your laptop via the IP address (see the second part of my post above - sorry I may have added that bit after you saw my reply).
Then, you can check the HDD status in Storage>Storage Management>HDD Management, and run the tests in Storage>Storage Management>HDD Detection.

Thank you for the reply.

is it in the HDD menus - S.M.A.R.T?

i have read I can disconnect the HD (data and power connections) and see if i can get past the blank screen page - is this advisable?

Yes, S.M.A.R.T. and Bad Sector Detection are the tests to run.

What is the blank screen page please, can you send a photo?

I wouldn't recommend disconnecting the drive until you have run the tests.
You should also be able to see the hard drive status in the web browser on the HDD management page.

the blank screen is the one I can not get past on the local monitor after login with my password.

OK, in the web browser view, make sure the Menu Output settings match those of the monitor you have connected - System>System Settings>Menu Output.
If you have connected the monitor using an HDMI cable, select this from the Menu Output dropdown.

Thank you for all the guidance, i have swapped the HDD all seems fine for now.

Back