01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

One NVR suddenly no recordings! "no record file found"?

codlord

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I just randomly checked one of my NVRs playback function today and I am getting the "no record file found" error for all cameras. Panicking a bit as I don't know how long this has been not recording for. Always been fine in the past.

All my other NVRs are working fine.

iVMS-4200 v3.10.1.5 although I don't think this is a iVMS issue as when I go to NVR web interface I get the same problem.

NVR: DS-7732NI-I4 / 16P
Firmware: V4.61.025 build 220905

All cameras (32 of them) connected on network (not direct to NVR) and live-view works fine.

Storage schedule is enabled continuous for all cameras.
HDDs (3) are showing as I would expect, temperatures all under 30 C.
S.M.A.R.T. self-checks run and seemingly showing all o.k.

I just randomly checked one of my NVRs playback function today and I am getting the "no record file found" error for all cameras. Panicking a bit as I don't know how long this has been not recording for. Always been fine in the past.

All my other NVRs are working fine.

iVMS-4200 v3.10.1.5 although I don't think this is a iVMS issue as when I go to NVR web interface I get the same problem.

NVR: DS-7732NI-I4 / 16P
Firmware: V4.61.025 build 220905

All cameras (32 of them) connected on network (not direct to NVR) and live-view works fine.

Storage schedule is enabled continuous for all cameras.
HDDs (3) are showing as I would expect, temperatures all under 30 C.
S.M.A.R.T. self-checks run and seemingly showing all o.k.
Try the database rebuild/repair database option (don't initialise). I've had a couple of DVRs that got corrupt; they showed the record icon on the monitor but there was no playback available (the calendar on the local monitor had no recording indicators for any day). As soon as I did the database rebuild, the recordings got re indexed and all of the history was there. Effectively the cameras were recording but the corrupt database prevented the recordings being found.

Thanks again @JB1970 the rebuild all data did the trick exactly like you said. I did see the two rebuild options but wasn't sure what they did, never had any issues before now.

Thanks again @JB1970 the rebuild all data did the trick exactly like you said. I did see the two rebuild options but wasn't sure what they did, never had any issues before now.
Same here, I can only assume that some incorrect shutdown/power cut caused the corruption. I had a job where I could see that the cameras were recording with indication from both the local screen icons and the DVR front panel LED but there was nothing available. Clicking the 'rebuild database' fixed it fairly quickly and switching to playback on the local monitor, you can see each days recordings 'reappear' one at a time in the calendar.

Back