01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect platform access server address?

crustydragon

Hi,

I am finally migrating to Hik-Connect because HikVision has discontinued support for alarm/notification via iVMS-4500 app on iOS. I am following the instrcutions posted here. My Server Address field is blank and it won't let me proceed without entering something here.

Could you please let me know what I should enter to proceed? FYI I am in Canada.

Firmware version: V4.21.005 build 190509

Thank you very much.

In a web browser:

Use the device’s local IP and admin credenials combination to log in to it in a web browser.
Then, go to:
Configuration Network Advanced Settings Platform Access
On this page, select Hik-Connect from the Platform Access Mode dropdown and tick Enable.
Don’t worry too much about the Server Address field, the default entry here is usually fine.

Last edited:
Hi @crustydragon

Which model is your NVR?

Make sure that the DNS servers are set correctly and then reboot the NVR, which may then enter the right server address for you automatically:
Connect to your device on a web browser and go to:

Configuration Network Basic Settings TCP/IP

You need to make sure that you have valid DNS servers set up for DDNS to work. Google’s 8.8.8.8 (Preferred DNS) and 8.8.4.4 (Alternate DNS) servers should work fine, but this list has a list of other free DNS servers that will work well.

1617967074579.png

If not, try "litedev.hik-connect.com", but I'm not entirely sure what one is correct for you in Canada.

Hi @crustydragon

Which model is your NVR?

Make sure that the DNS servers are set correctly and then reboot the NVR, which may then enter the right server address for you automatically:

If not, try "litedev.hik-connect.com", but I'm not entirely sure what one is correct for you in Canada.
Hi @Kyle,

Model number is DS-7608NI-12/8P.

DNS looks correct. I reboot the NVR and it is still blank.

Kinda at a loss. Do you know what the default address is? Maybe I will try litedev.hik-connect.com.

Documentation on HikVision for Canada seems to use the eu one, odd.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Hik-DNS.jpg
    Hik-DNS.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 4,514
  • Hik-server.jpg
    Hik-server.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 6,945
Last edited:
@Kyle Thank you I sorted it out. Line crossing is working again but there is a slight delay in receiving the notification compared to iVMS-4500, probably because it's now coming from a remote server somewhere instead of the NVR?

Great, thanks for the update - was it using "litedev.hik-connect.com" that got it working?

Yes, you're right, it's most likely the fact that they're coming via the Hik servers that's causing a bit of a delay with the notifications now.

The only other option for faster notifications would be to set up receiving them by email, see the end of this guide:

Great, thanks for the update - was it using "litedev.hik-connect.com" that got it working?

Yes, you're right, it's most likely the fact that they're coming via the Hik servers that's causing a bit of a delay with the notifications now.

The only other option for faster notifications would be to set up receiving them by email, see the end of this guide:
Hi Kyle,

Yes, that is the default server.

We are now used to the slight delay, it's actually not too bad and the new app is much better than iVMS-4500.

Thank you again!

Back