01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik vision app saving playback error?

shw

Hi all … I have a 8mp colour vu nvr system …ds 7608ni128p
and sometimes using the hikvision app while trying to save a playback recording I get a error message
“too short recorded video playback failed “
Any ideas what this means
I realise the minimum recording length is 10 seconds but these recordings are over a minute long

Last edited:
This is the message …
IMG_0919.png

Ive got the latest firmware on the cams and nvr
I’ve initialized the hdd… repaired the database
and rebooted the system….
I don’t know what else to do … I’ve also got the latest version of the hik connect app
…. I’m thinking it’s more app related than it is the system

Latest according to the devices themselves?
Unfortunately, Hikvision devices tend to always say that they are running THE latest firmware.
You need to check the Hik product pages to confirm what the latest firmware version is.

If you share your hardware models here, somebody will help you find and check for the latest firmware (not me I'm afraid, I'm signing-off for a few days :) ).

Latest according to the devices themselves?
Unfortunately, Hikvision devices tend to always say that they are running THE latest firmware.
You need to check the Hik product pages to confirm what the latest firmware version is.

If you share your hardware models here, somebody will help you find and check for the latest firmware (not me I'm afraid, I'm signing-off for a few days :) ).
The nvr is ds7608 ni 12 8p
And the software version is V4.60.005 build220108
I use the online method of getting the latest software so I’m assuming that this is it !
I am quite new to this lark so any help in pointing me to the right direction for finding info would be greatly appreciated

Apologies my firmware version is v4 .61 .025 220905

Back