01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik Vision Support Not Playing

jasonleehayes

Hello..

My first post...

I have 18 cameras recently given to me...
I have been in the process of resetting them back to stock for resale...
2 of the 18 cameras i cound not reset back to stock due to not knowing the password...

So; i export the XML file and send it to Hik Vision Support UK
I then receive an email to say that password resets are not given to end users?

Firstly; i am an installer and been subcontracting for many years...

What do i have to do to get the password reset..

The Camera model is: DS-2CD2345FWD-I

Never had this issue with UniView or any other manufacturer...

So; if Hik Vision are not playing; can i force flash a camera using the TFTP application bearing in mind the firmware is currently on V5.6.3build 190923
I have the latest firmware digicap.dav file ready to push - would this work?

Any ideas guys..

Regards,

Jason.

Hello..

My first post...

I have 18 cameras recently given to me...
I have been in the process of resetting them back to stock for resale...
2 of the 18 cameras i cound not reset back to stock due to not knowing the password...

So; i export the XML file and send it to Hik Vision Support UK
I then receive an email to say that password resets are not given to end users?

Firstly; i am an installer and been subcontracting for many years...

What do i have to do to get the password reset..

The Camera model is: DS-2CD2345FWD-I

Never had this issue with UniView or any other manufacturer...

So; if Hik Vision are not playing; can i force flash a camera using the TFTP application bearing in mind the firmware is currently on V5.6.3build 190923
I have the latest firmware digicap.dav file ready to push - would this work?

Any ideas guys..

Regards,

Jason.
Not only do Hikvision not deal with end users; they also prefer installers to use their approved Hikvision supplier as first point of contact. So just email your Hikvision supplier with the xml and ask them to do the honours. As long as you've an account with them they'll sort you out even if the camera was not purchased directly from them.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick responce...

While i was waiting for a reply from Hik i decided to force flash one of the cameras using the TFTP application using the latest firmware and ive killed it...
Thats another challenge lol...

After proving to Hik Vision i am an installed but subcontract to many companies theve done their checks and recognised me as an installer...
Only being doing it since 2006 lol in hich they have supplied an reset code... All good...

Now need to try fix the one ive killed.... Not recognised under SADP tool

Is there a procedural way to force flash the firmware...

Is there a procedural way to force flash the firmware...
I'm not sure on that one, I've never needed to do it. There are a few guides over on the IP Cam Talk forum in the stickies at the top of the Hikvision page that may assist.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

It seems there are all sorts of information regarding force flashing etc...

Many posts are outdated and not suitable for the later firmware(s)

Ive been professionally reverse engineering software & hardware for over 25 years; i'm going to be looking at the Hik stuff starting January...
I will keep you posted on what has been acheived however i believe the end user needs a method to reset camera passwords with out Hik intervention.

Moving on from there i seems the way you identify Firmware for the respective camera is confusing and needs simplyfying with accuracy.
On another note; been looking at purchasing replacement rings for cameras only to find they dont sell/stock spares...
Gonna get my man to look at 3d printing these; anyone done this already?

Ive reverse enginnered the UNV manufacturer product; don't need them to generate password unlocks anymore so i'm sure Hik will be just as simple..

Many posts are outdated and not suitable for the later firmware(s)
Yeah I seem to recall finding the same. I rarely use that forum anymore as the ads are so intrusive (note to staff here wink, wink)

Ive been professionally reverse engineering software & hardware for over 25 years; i'm going to be looking at the Hik stuff starting January...
I will keep you posted on what has been acheived however i believe the end user needs a method to reset camera passwords with out Hik intervention.
It'll be interesting to see how you get on. I come across less and less of the older cameras now (that don't feature a physical reset button)
Moving on from there i seems the way you identify Firmware for the respective camera is confusing and needs simplyfying with accuracy.
I find the cameras easy enough just using the 'Firmware Version Property' from System Settings. NVRs can be a bit of a pain as model numbers with multiple hardware revisions use different platforms.

I rarely use that forum anymore as the ads are so intrusive (note to staff here wink, wink)
Noted :)
I need to adjust a setting somewhere to stop the blocking pop-up adverts that Google are now throwing at us. I thought I had set those to us each seeing no more than one every 30mins, but I still seem to be interrupted by them more often.
I don't think the adverts at the bottom of the page are much of a problem / far easier to ignore :)

Back