01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Acusense NVR & ONVIF Cameras - Regarding smart events etc.

Marco Hill

Hi everyone,

I posting something here that might have been posted already but I have spent some time going through the different posts and have not been able to find this.

Subject matter:

Hikvision Acusense NVR & ONVIF cameras to allow for smart events.

Has anyone had an experience with using a Hikvision Acusense NVR and then pulling in third party cameras through ONVIF and then being able to use smart events on the third party cameras such as line crossing, intrusion etc.

I spoke to someone from Hikvision in China who I now have on WhatsApp which is great by the way and he said the Acusense is set-up to work that way but I have never tried it so I wanted to check with anyone else in the group to see if you can answer my question.

Hikvision Acusense NVR - ONVIF Smart Features - UPDATE

This is an update on my earlier post

Subject matter:

Being able to use Smart events or Motion 2.0 with non-Hikvision cameras.

I purchased and installed a 32 Channel Acusense Hikvision NVR DS-7732NXI-I4.

I imported different Axis cameras and Bosch cameras located at this site.

Please note:

The NVR does not support Smart Events or Motion 2.0 with these cameras.

I was a bit bummed out because when I asked someone from Hikvision he said it would work.

I am going to send the model numbers of the cameras I am using just to double check with Hikvision.

This is not say the Hikvision Acusense NVRs are not good, they have more features than a "regular Hikvision NVR" and works well with Hikvision Cameras.

Hi @Marco Hill

Thanks for the update, it is quite common that smart events and other advanced features are not supported for ONVIF cameras added to Hikvision NVRs.

What Hikvision support might have been referring to is actually adding the cameras using their brand-specific protocols, when you add cameras you get the option to set the protocol and when adding 3rd-party cameras you often use ONVIF. Hikvision however does offer some brand-specific protocols (which I think include AXIS & BOSCH) and adding the cameras with these protocols might actually allow for support of more features than the generic ONVIF protocol.

Hi @Marco Hill

Thanks for the update, it is quite common that smart events and other advanced features are not supported for ONVIF cameras added to Hikvision NVRs.

What Hikvision support might have been referring to is actually adding the cameras using their brand-specific protocols, when you add cameras you get the option to set the protocol and when adding 3rd-party cameras you often use ONVIF. Hikvision however does offer some brand-specific protocols (which I think include AXIS & BOSCH) and adding the cameras with these protocols might actually allow for support of more features than the generic ONVIF protocol.
Hi Dan

Yes I did pull the cameras in through the Axis protocol but it does not work that way either...

Back