01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision cameras go offline regularly?

bohdanlh

Hello,

We have Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P, firmware V4.22.005 build 191208
There are 16 cameras connected to this NVR, 8 are connected directly to NVR via PoE and other 8 are connected via local network (based on IP).
We have started facing issue with 8 cameras connected directly to NVR constantly go offline every week or so. When I restart the NVR - cameras appear online again and they work as usual.
Cameras connected via local network does not have such behaviour, they are always online.

Can you please help me to understand why cameras connected to NVR directly via PoE go offline with astonishing frequency?

When you say go offline - do you mean they are not visible on the NVR itself as well as being not visible on network, or do you mean you can still see them on the NVR native interface but they are not visible on the network?

Could be intermittent faulty PoE power in the NVR itself. I have not had any issues with NVRs myself but I have had several issues with different PoE switches over the years where either the PoE power fails but networking still works or the reverse - where networking fails but PoE power is still supplied.

When you say go offline - do you mean they are not visible on the NVR itself as well as being not visible on network, or do you mean you can still see them on the NVR native interface but they are not visible on the network?

I mean NVR camera management settings shows them as "Offline (Camera do not exist)". And therefore there is no way to view the picture from the cameras since they are connected directly to the NVR - each camera by separate cable to the NVR.

Back