01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-M2/8P cameras keep going offline?

dmkc

Hi everyone,

I purchased a DS-7608NI-M2/8P from Use-IP last November, and paired it with 4x 8mp cameras (DS-2CD2386G2-IU 2.8MM AcuSense 8MP)

I've had ongoing issues where at least 2 of the cameras, sometimes 3 will go Offline and stay offline. It seems to be an intermittent issue, in that if I restart the CCTV then all channels are available, then slowly but surely they'll start to go offline. Sometimes in channel management it'll show a different error message, such as Offline (detecting) or it'll say Offline (Network connection failed.) - I'm also currently seeing Offline(IP channel is not connected.) but then will be fine if I restart the unit again. They'll also randomly appear as 'device offline' in the Hikvision app but then appear online in channel management on the NVR web menu.

All cameras are connected via plug and play and are in the right IP range (from 192.168.254.2 upwards in sequential order).

Has anyone come across this? Could it be that the 4x 8mp cameras are too demanding on bandwith? I have them all set at 4k but did enough research (I think?!) to think that should have been fine with this NVR.

Everything is on the latest firmware, however I've noticed that the only camera that doesn't go offline is on the firmware V5.7.12 build 221201 and the other three that do go offline are on the firmware V5.5.800 build 210628. The NVR is on V4.63.010 build 230619

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 13.23.02.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 13.23.02.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
another error appearing:

Offline(Channel streaming failed.-0x1b01043)

You're not quite on the latest firmware there (not that I think this is a firmware issue). Ignore any messages from the NVR or Hik-Connect app that states your firmware is up to date. That feature never has (and possibly never will) work.

M Series recorder - latest firmware is V4.63.020 build 230724 available here:

For your cameras it depends on whether they are G3 or G5 so check the 'version firmware property

For G5 it's 5.7.13_build230706 available here:

For the older G3 it's 5.5.801_build211105 available on the portal here:

Could it be that the 4x 8mp cameras are too demanding on bandwith? I have them all set at 4k but did enough research (I think?!) to think that should have been fine with this NVR.
It's not that...you're unlikely to run out of incoming bandwidth on the M series. It could be a connection issue, a poorly terminated CAT5E cable (wrong colour scheme [even if pins 1-8 are straight through], poor connection) or moisture in the connector will cause cameras to drop offline.

Back